3.1 KimiiG's LowLife RF/SR. Facetank whole Atlas! 1.4m+ dps.

Hello, loving your build! After playing expensive melee builds, your build has made me really love the game again.

Could you post a leveling gear guide, I went into the build having played only a few characters that were mostly melee. Grabbing gear from lvl 40 onward was a bit rough, but I was able to make do with reddit threads. I was running life sprigs and various unique wands, gold-rim, wanderlust, and the Cloak of Flames.

I did get killed repeatedly in places where enemies swarm you, Izaro with uniques, Kitava's heart phase uniques, certain harb spawns.

It's mainly because I couldn't maintain ES regen for RF and thus only used SR. I'm 71 so far, and am missing rings, amulet, and a belt. I've got some decent / low roll uniques you've recommended but I still can't get the ES regen up to run RF.

Here is my character so far, should have I invested in better gems?

https://pastebin.com/RUUTykf9

Also, I don't know what is going on with your shield charge set up?
"
Stefthegrey wrote:
Hello, loving your build! After playing expensive melee builds, your build has made me really love the game again.

Could you post a leveling gear guide, I went into the build having played only a few characters that were mostly melee. Grabbing gear from lvl 40 onward was a bit rough, but I was able to make do with reddit threads. I was running life sprigs and various unique wands, gold-rim, wanderlust, and the Cloak of Flames.

I did get killed repeatedly in places where enemies swarm you, Izaro with uniques, Kitava's heart phase uniques, certain harb spawns.

It's mainly because I couldn't maintain ES regen for RF and thus only used SR. I'm 71 so far, and am missing rings, amulet, and a belt. I've got some decent / low roll uniques you've recommended but I still can't get the ES regen up to run RF.

Here is my character so far, should have I invested in better gems?

https://pastebin.com/RUUTykf9

Also, I don't know what is going on with your shield charge set up?

Hi!

Glad to hear mate. Shield charge setup (Shield charge + inc Crit + fortify) setup procs your elemental equilibrium and Elemental overload. it has about 17% crit chance and i found it to be more easier and faster to use than Orb of Storm.

Problem with your ES regen is lack of maximum fire resistance. You have only 85% Fire resistance because of level 13 Purity Of Fire. Buy Shaper's gloves with +1 gem corruption, it cost about 2-3 chaos in harbinger league. Do following things: Buy lvl 20 Purity of Fire (1c), Gloves with +1 gem corruption (2c) and empower level 3 (7 chaos). Also get vitality level 20 (1c). Remember you can ask people to change color and link gloves if they have Vorici lvl 8!. You get this way 85% to 90% maximum fire resistance. Your amulet, jewels and rings are horrible mate :D Get amulet with %to energy shield and %increased energy shield mod! Check my guide for jewels and rings! For rings try to get %to energy shield mod. Do the following steps and it should help..alot!

For talent tree section, take bottom 2 point jewel slot off and take Growth and Decoy talent. (btw your missing one talent point from quest) This is level 81 talent tree what you must follow: https://pastebin.com/kaBF3y67 . Notice: i took one Conqueror's efficient jewel for enabling Purity of Ice. I took Devotion talent off also, you don't need it yet. After level 81 i would take scion jewel slot (0,7%regen and jewel slot).

Hope this help! Ask again if needed, will help out!
Hello, couple of thoughts regarding your build:

PoB shows you as requiring 111 dexterity for your level 20 Swift Affliction, yet the build only has 103. How did you solve this, and can your PoB link be updated to reflect this? Maybe your point in Physique should instead be in Alacrity right next to it?

Your helm has no lab enchant, did you have one in mind (inc. rf damage, scorching ray stuff, mana reservations etc.)

You decided to put 'enemy has been shocked' in your PoB link for your claim of 1.4 million dps. Your only source of shock is vaal lightning trap. How ethical do you think this is? your 700k looked fine to me. And if you enable boss enemy, this goes down to 440k. I am not discrediting your ability to kill bosses, but you may be representing RF builds to be some kind of racecar when they are actually quite slow.

+723 life regen per second seems kind of low for an RF build. Of course you also have Time of Need and with a ruby flask that base amount is 1390. Do you never experience moments of spike incoming damage?

I actually really liked ICS in your shield charge versus an orb of storms somewhere. Makes more sense, speeds up the build probably a lot more than faster attacks would. +1

Since you're running a chayula, what pantheon would you recommend? Since most people would be running a brine king pantheon, and in your build won't need to.

Your ascendancies in your normal skill tree link indicate that you took Prayer of Glory. Without a warcry gem in your build. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I imagine you meant to take half in each auxillary arm, but that's a bit of a big mistake. Should make a special note about that so players don't actually pick up Prayer.

Do you think you have any way of getting your cold resistance about 13 % lower? And while you are at it, your lightning resistance 17% higher? Those two modifications (according to your PoB) would give you equal resistances overcapped, and make a signficiantly strong argument for running a wise oak in the build. Huge impact on tankiness. (Crystal belt, I'm looking at you)

I would also add an aura calculator. It helps players a lot when running reservation builds. I made one for you.

I am really picky about build guides that are too similar to other players. Rrrreeeeaaaalllllly picky. Despite following the formula for low life scorching ray rf that is really common, you did it as strength based. Without Geoffri's. No brute force solutions. probably better without them. and you explained why you don't use a level 3 enlighten in one of your links to actually make the build better..... fuck it, it's good and unique enough.

So, a couple of thoughts to consider and possibly change from me, good job on the build.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Nov 12, 2017, 3:34:04 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:

PoB shows you as requiring 111 dexterity for your level 20 Swift Affliction, yet the build only has 103. How did you solve this, and can your PoB link be updated to reflect this? Maybe your point in Physique should instead be in Alacrity right next to it?

Your helm has no lab enchant, did you have one in mind (inc. rf damage, scorching ray stuff, mana reservations etc.)

You decided to put 'enemy has been shocked' in your PoB link for your claim of 1.4 million dps. Your only source of shock is vaal lightning trap. How ethical do you think this is? your 700k looked fine to me. And if you enable boss enemy, this goes down to 440k. I am not discrediting your ability to kill bosses, but you may be representing RF builds to be some kind of racecar when they are actually quite slow.

+723 life regen per second seems kind of low for an RF build. Of course you also have Time of Need and with a ruby flask that base amount is 1390. Do you never experience moments of spike incoming damage?

I actually really liked ICS in your shield charge versus an orb of storms somewhere. Makes more sense, speeds up the build probably a lot more than faster attacks would. +1

Since you're running a chayula, what pantheon would you recommend? Since most people would be running a brine king pantheon, and in your build won't need to.

Your ascendancies in your normal skill tree link indicate that you took Prayer of Glory. Without a warcry gem in your build. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I imagine you meant to take half in each auxillary arm, but that's a bit of a big mistake. Should make a special note about that so players don't actually pick up Prayer.

Do you think you have any way of getting your cold resistance about 13 % lower? And while you are at it, your lightning resistance 17% higher? Those two modifications (according to your PoB) would give you equal resistances overcapped, and make a signficiantly strong argument for running a wise oak in the build. Huge impact on tankiness. (Crystal belt, I'm looking at you)

I would also add an aura calculator. It helps players a lot when running reservation builds. I made one for you.

I am really picky about build guides that are too similar to other players. Rrrreeeeaaaalllllly picky. Despite following the formula for low life scorching ray rf that is really common, you did it as strength based. Without Geoffri's. No brute force solutions. probably better without them. and you explained why you don't use a level 3 enlighten in one of your links to actually make the build better..... fuck it, it's good and unique enough.

So, a couple of thoughts to consider and possibly change from me, good job on the build.

Cheers

"
Kwitch wrote:

Cheers

Hi mate! Oh yes i didn't notice i had wrong jewel on that paste bin. Updated tree for lvl 95. For Enchants only increased Sorchering ray or increased Rightous Fire damages are good. Other enchants "like reduce mana reservation" might actually do more harm than good because of Radiant Faith lol) I don't damage bonus enchants so i didn't include them on damage (6% inc damage in RF or SR via PB checking) I didn't put "shocked" tix on when claiming damage, it would be about 2 million otherwise. Standard dps on mobs is 1.4m, on standard boss (non shaper/guardian) 900k and for shaper it's 700k. All damages are none shocked damages. Where did u get 440k? I use RF and SR on bosses, not only RF. In general map clearing only RF is enough thought! Yeah i used Orb of storm before trying Increased critical strike (ICS) gem. I found that ICS is much less "hazzle" free since it procks EE and EQ at the same time via Shield Charge. It also has higher base crit rate (17%) than OoS(5%).

Good guestion about life regen. I Facetanked shaper (video) and all his guardians with this regen and i don't have any troubles generally when doing maps. Kinda so high ES pool that Time of Needs keeps me all the time almoust maxed. ES usually stays over 90% all the time, if i don't do something reckless like tanking Shaper's slam. I used Stone Golem for a while instead Vaal lightning trap, but it didn't make any differences so i switched it for more damage when doing uber/guardians/shaper. Added Pantheon system on guide too, thanks for pointing it out!

Yes you'r right about ascension! As i mentioned in guide (forgot to update PoB after) to take 2 small nodes for increased ES and not taking Prayer! Thanks for noticing it out! I haven't min maxed this build that much at all, so your wise oak suggestion is actually pretty darn good! Will add on guide for sure! I'll probably try to get this on my own setup too. Should be easy to fix via Crystal belt as you suggested. Yea good point for aura calculator, gonna add on build. I calculated all myself, but it might help people to calculate theirs before reaching all (Enlighten) gem levels.

Thanks for tips and notices! Helps me out to write better guide. I appreciate it a lot Mate! Thanks for add!

So Im a little dumb founder - I just hit level 70 and Im running level 20 PoF with rise of phoenix in +1 shapers gloves and level 3 empower and I still only have 89 Max fire.. Am I missing something

*edit* Well Im a knuckle head - forgot I didnt get all the increased effect nodes yet. DOH
Last edited by ryder911 on Nov 13, 2017, 8:38:18 PM
"
ryder911 wrote:
So Im a little dumb founder - I just hit level 70 and Im running level 20 PoF with rise of phoenix in +1 shapers gloves and level 3 empower and I still only have 89 Max fire.. Am I missing something

*edit* Well Im a knuckle head - forgot I didnt get all the increased effect nodes yet. DOH

Yep, you'll reach 91% when you get all inc. effect nodes from the Talent tree :) You should aim for these nodes pretty early levels. Remember that Ascension talents also give 10% increased non-curse effect, so you need at least Cruel lab. Shouldn't be a problem thought haha! Cheers
Eh.. pretty meh build.. mediocre at best. Build is missing signature KimiiG elements: quad curse and 6 offcolor chest
"
Gramexer wrote:
Eh.. pretty meh build.. mediocre at best. Build is missing signature KimiiG elements: quad curse and 6 offcolor chest

6- offcolor shav builds can't be meta? Missing those days
I'm looking at my build in pobuilding compared to your (i get im lower level - only 80, but my DPS is only around 80k on RF. Could you tell me what im missing?

Is the link to where I am at.

https://pastebin.com/mSsiTyD1
"
ryder911 wrote:
I'm looking at my build in pobuilding compared to your (i get im lower level - only 80, but my DPS is only around 80k on RF. Could you tell me what im missing?

Is the link to where I am at.

https://pastebin.com/mSsiTyD1

do following:

1. Replace INC aoe => conc effect
2. Get elemental Overload <== wtf man lvl 80 and still haven't picked it!
3. Sorrow of divine is totally useless flask, use Sulphur flask + immunity
4. 80k = > 255k Dps. First 2 steps alone!
5. Replace Mana reservation enchant from helmet!! Because of Radiant Fate. It's more harm than good!
6. U have 19% unreserved mana, it's HUGE waste because of Radiant Fate. Buy lvl 1 enlighten on gloves!
7. Read my boots guide! you don't need 100 over cap all resistances.. Get 2% life regen when hit and slam with STR essence!
8. Replace belt to Crystal belt and roll with STR essence.!
9. Read guide and follow it steps. Everything what i wrote has a reason!

Cheers mate!
Last edited by KimiiG on Nov 16, 2017, 5:48:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info