Which of the two: Grim Dawn, Wolcen has more interesting character customization mechanics?

Would be nice to have something to play when my Internet goes wonky.

I've downloaded Titan Quest and it's pretty interesting, but wondering if I should "upgrade" instead/as well.

I've skimmed gameplay videos of both and they both seem rather dull compared to my POE experience, but that's probably just because I couldn't be arsed to research character development stuff in either game. So now I'm asking you to do it for me! Lazy as always.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2017, 1:02:06 AM
While Grim Dawn does retain a lot of aspects from TQ, it did improve a lot from the gameplay experience. I am bit biased here with it, but the dark and gritty setting drew me in really quickly. The complexity of the game is pretty much up there with PoE, but of course PoE is still ahead of the curve by a bit. Good news is that the base game is on a 66% sale until November 1 on Steam, so if you buy it now, you are essentially getting the expansion for free if you decide to buy it in the future.

I cannot say much about Wolcen since I have not played it since I an not sure my computer can handle the graphics + adds + particles. Wolcen has a lot of potential to be the next gen ARPG that will make a name of itself in this genre.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

adghar, GD is on sale for Halloween at Steam.
Censored.
Buy GD for 7 bucks it's a no brainer.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Grim Dawn is the best single player offline ARPG on the market. It's not even closely contested atm.

The devotion system adds a bigger customization angle to GD than D2 or TQ had. Devotions will make or break your build, and are as important as stat or skill placement.

Gear customization options in GD are also very good. It's up there with PoE. There are also some itemized skills that you can acquire from gear and enhancements. A ton of gear slots and ways you can customize gear in these slots to suit your build.

GD's expansion is the equivalent of what LOD was to D2. PoE's recent expansion falls pretty short of that.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 27, 2017, 12:00:25 AM
huh, no, the expansion barely added anything beside story and 2 new masteries (classes options).

Most expansion items are remade of pre-existing items scaled for lvl 85+ with the exception of a few new ones made for the new classes.

There's not a single new game concept that was added with the expansion, sadly
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
huh, no, the expansion barely added anything beside story and 2 new masteries (classes options).

Most expansion items are remade of pre-existing items scaled for lvl 85+ with the exception of a few new ones made for the new classes.

No offense, but two new acts and masteries is nothing to scoff about. You make it sound like it is the Necromancer pack of D3, which happens to add nothing at all for 2 USD less. While it is indeed true they buffed up epic/legendary items from 50-85 in the form of mystical version, they also added a lot more new Monster Infrequent items to the game. On top of that, they made a decent amount of epic/legendary items be more flexible for up to three classes at once. They also expanded the devotion tree significantly, so there is more choices to be made to make your character more diverse and interesting.

"
faerwin wrote:
There's not a single new game concept that was added with the expansion, sadly

The item skill modifier is actually the newest game concept. This was not in the base game whatsoever.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info