[3.0] Brutality divine. Double crit warchief with MoM

Description:
Ridiculously tanky build with lots of layers of defenses and decent damage from a nice range. The whole idea is to use double warchiefs as the main source of damage and sunder as enabler of some of the more potent multipliers like Bloodlust and maim. Add a crit on top of that and you got yourself a relatively cheap but effective harbinger build that can safely farm red maps and kill bosses without any gem swapping.

Defenses:
1. Range. This is pretty much a ranged build
2. MoM with fully unreserved 2.5k+ mana pool
3. 5k+ life
4. Fortify
5. Flask bonuses
6. Block (~37%)
7. A bunch of slows. (Temp chains curse(from corrupted gloves), maim and chill from ice golem and cwdt vortex)
8. Blind(it is not that useful since we don't stack evasion...but it is there)
9. Harbinger of brutality(it is very unreliable but it is exceptionally powerful and can come in handy)
10. Etc. (a bit of life leech, ~800 es and pantheon defenses of your choice)

Offense:
1. Double warchief totem with ~80% crit chance(~250k dps each if you proc bleed and maim on the target)
2. Sunder to proc said maim and bleed enemies(~50k dps by itself)
3. Harbinger of brutality buff(again not very reliable, so all the dps numbers don't include it...Path of building doesn't seem to give you the option to do so anyway)

Passive Tree:

http://poeurl.com/bBoy

First ascendancy is obviously gonna be Hierophant. It is double totem, some es and a bunch of mana for MoM. There's a lot more choice with your secondary though:

My choice was Pathfinder. I grabbed most of the flask nodes near the ranger's start to boost its effects. Which works great for me.
Raider would be nice too, although you'd have to replace sunder with cyclone for more hits to generate frenzy charges faster and then you wouldn't be quite as safe.
Assassin is also great to get your crit even further.
I wouldn't recommend going for duelist or marauder ascendancies. Even though their ascendancies themselves got some nice synergies with this build, there's no crit near their starting points on the tree.

Gem Links:

- your main damage source. Consists from big multipliers. The thing to note about this one is that we don't get any tankiness for our totems and they die pretty fast. It is not that big of a deal since we do get power charges for resummoning them and we got most of totem placement speed from the passive tree. It can still be really annoying against vaal stormcall rares and some bosses.

- this is your support skill that will be inflicting some additional multipliers on enemies which are maim and bleed(note the bloodlust in the main skill setup). It also has an additional life leech in enmity itself. I can't even 5-link it because this game hates me I guess, but faster attacks needs to be the 5th link since you get pretty hefty attack speed penalties on sunder and when you summon warchief totems so some faster enemies can catch you with you pants down if you sunder at the wrong moment. You should also probably replace fortify with onslaught support for leveling if you want to go through this phase faster. Clarity is there to regen your mana that you will lose rapidly in some fights.

- our passive defense system with short immunity to phys dmg(we occasionaly will get some endurance charges from one of the staff nodes so duration can get to around 3s) and vortex for some additional slow.

- a bunch of utility gems compressed in one nice package. Replace vaal haste with a curse of your choice and self cast it if you are a cheapskate who doesn't want to pay for vaaled shaper's touch.

Items:

Mandatory Items

We use Bringer of Rain as a cheap 7-link warchief that, with scion ascendancy, gets doubled as well.

Enmity divine is here for it's ridiculously high base crit chance. You can totally use Hegemony's if you like, but enmity is cheaper for whatever reason... and it has higher crit.And there's this blue harbinger dude that occasionaly will drop a pretty insane buff on you(50% increased Damage, 40% Damage Reduction, 30% increased Attack Speed, 30% increased Movement Speed). I wouldn't count on it though since it only happens for 8 seconds and then goes on a huge 40s cooldown. So more often then not you will just get yourself 30% ms while backtracking on some map and then fight mobs and bosses without it.

Shaper's touch + astramentis is just a generally nice combo. It is here to compensate for the lack of body armour. Side note: There's currently A LOT of corrupted shaper's touches with free curses on hit(warchief totems apply it as well). Grab'em while you can. Just make sure it has 4 gem slots. Bringer of rain kinda makes you starve for those.

Flasks

Just a bunch of physical resists, lucky crit, onslaught and another more damage multiplier. And a life flask for sketchy situations and for lab runs. Replace Lion's roar for Rumi's if you are a cheapskate or just want some addtitional defense. And maybe replace magic life flask with blood of the karui if you are rich enough.

The rest of my gear

Nothing special or particularly valuable here. The thing of note here is that thanks to the MoM and shaper's touch we can make use of pretty much any stat. There are very few really trash stats with this build so just get high rolls of whatever and you're good to go. Just make sure your resistances are capped and prioritize life and strength rolls.
Get steel rings drop Contempt essences on them if you can afford it.
You can also use The Magnate unique belt for a nice damage boost although you will lose a good ~200 life for it.

Path of building code
https://pastebin.com/9Yx6kxuW

Last edited by n1ghtcrawl3r on Oct 25, 2017, 2:43:38 AM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2018, 1:54:08 PM
Hey, nice guide. I'm interested in trying this build next, haven't done totems before. Can this build do Shaper/regular Atziri?
It makes uberlab runs easy even underleveled. It can do tier 15 beachheads underleveled pretty easy as well. Regular atziri can take some getting used to. I haven't tried shaper. I only tried minotaur from guardians.

With atziri you will need to place your totems a little more carefully(behind her) so she wouldn't blow them up or spear them instantly and try not to stay long in one place. Even though you can tank most of her hits, you will lose your entire mana pool. At least that's the case if you are going for her with level ~80. With level ~90 and good gear she goes down quick enough that you don't have to worry about anything.

As for minotaur, just facetank him(so that he won't go for his actually powerful attacks) and move only when you absolutely have to. And even then, his strongest attacks will be pretty far from oneshots.

I get bored of poe lategame content kinda quickly though and usually just make another build to keep it fresh.
Fun build (and the only really great build involving the harb staff I've seen)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info