[3.0] Blade Flurry Trickster-End Game Viable(Guardians,Shaper,Aziri)-Super Fast-Videos

About the build:

Eventhou Blade Flurry received a nerf, i still think it is very nice mechanic and fun to play with and its still powerfull as well, so i decided to make a build and test how far i can get with blade flurry, well it turned out it can do all content. with trickster ascendy build gets to use power and frenzy charges, unlimited use of whirling blades to go around map and bit of extra defenses compared to other shadow ascendy classes. also as we use soul taker in offhand we have unlimited attacks even we would have 0 mana. we aim to have very fast attack and movement speed so even our crit chance aint even close to be capped, we still do quite lot of crits because our attacks per second is high. if you dont like the soul taker you can use death's hand karui spectre however then you need to change your brutality gem out too from blade flurry links, this will give you somewhat more damage but i feel against bosses the soul taker combination works better. anyway both setups are possible and works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS & CONS:

+Super fast movement and attack speed
+Fast Clear
+Fun to play
+Pretty simple and easy to play
+Not very expensive (at least in 3.0)
+Can do all content
+No mana problems

-You actually need to play and its melee, so out of meta...
-NO Physical Reflect maps, its RIP.
-NO "no life leech" maps
-No hall of grandmasters

Videos [3.0] Harbinger League
Spoiler

-You can also send me videos if you do something nice with this build, i will link those on build topic-

Gorge: https://youtu.be/ZIS4CkakaxM "fast attack, fast movement, fast clear"

Breachlords: (only boss fights)
Xoph: https://youtu.be/NF4gjp88ZlU takes about 5seconds

Guardians: (deathless runs) (im on level 93 and i admit the map mods are pretty easy)
Minotaur: https://youtu.be/PRNI_cerNhA pretty fast and easy run
Chimera: https://youtu.be/8X0KlJ_pxo0 basic run, monsters have litle bit more life so takes bit longer to finish chimera. no mana regen so we roll with 0.
Hydra: https://youtu.be/upXSwdFa-TA game crashed when i opened portals, so was bit of a mess at beginning, easiest guardian imo even i made mistakes in boss fight by hitting those balls.
Phoenix: https://youtu.be/gH9OEsVitDw pretty ok.

Shaper: https://youtu.be/1vJzeloADcE no excuses, i died once by big mistake (players skill fault, not builds)

Passive Tree:

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon1: Rare Dagger: crit change as base, +25% attack speed, 340-400+ physical dps, (accuracy roll, crit multi, crit chance <- some of those if possible)

Weapon2 (offhand):option 1:(unlimited attacks feels smoother too) Soul Taker siege axe: buy the cheapest one. personally i prefer this one.

option 2:(more damage as chaos) death's hand karui spectre <- if you use that take out the brutality gem from blade flurry link, replace it with ruthless for example. buy the cheapest one. also in passive teree you need one mana leech node, or craft it to your dagger.

Armour: 6-link Belly of the beast with life much as possible

Helmet: option 1: Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet = huge damage boost, downside is that you are pretty much insta dead if enemy reflects physical (unless you notice it before then use your totem to destroy it)

option 2: Starkonja's Head = less damage, more hp, more survival

Gloves: option 1: Rare/Spiked Gloves, Good Life (80+) and some Attack speed (10%+), accuracy, resistance if needed. (flat phys if possible)

option 2: Shaper's Touch Crusader Gloves (if you have enough strength, intelligence and dexterity these gloves will give you a small boost most likely.)

Boots: Life (70+), Multi resistance , some movement speed (rest is bonus)

Belt: Life + (strength) = 100+ life, Multi resistance (rest is bonus)

Amulet: crit multi (20%+) and life (80+), possible crit chance, res if needed, attributes if needed

Ring1: Accuracy (300+), Life (70+),(multi) Resistance, flat phys roll, attributes if needed
Ring2: Accuracy (300+), Life (70+),(multi) Resistance, flat phys roll, attributes if needed

This build needs some Intelligence and 91 Strength from gear/jewels on level 96 passive tree, so it is recommended to get little bit extra from gear/jewels

My Gear:
Spoiler

NOTE: my gear is not complete yet, dagger needs upgrade

Flasks:
Spoiler

FLASKS AGAINST GUARDIANS: you can do guardians with normal flask setup but these changes makes it bit easier (more survivability, bit less damage)

CHIMERA: some says basalt flasks helps, i dunno, your own choice. im not changing flask.

PHOENIX: hardest guardian in my opinion, i recommend to change the diamond flask to ruby flask of dousing

HYDRA: no need for flask changes

MINOTAUR: no need for flask changes

personally i prefer these ones, cheap and effective
Make sure you have flasks which cancels chill/freeze and one which cancels bleeding (spammable life flask preferred)

Gem Links:
Spoiler

5 and 6-Link: Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Brutality - Melee Physical - Inc AoE/Conc effect for bosses - for 6th you can use Maim or Blind *your main attack*

4-Link: Whirling Blade - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike *your main movement*

4-Link: Cast When Damage Taken (LEVEL5) - Molten Shell (LEVEL12) - Immortall Call (LEVEL7) - Summon Flame Golem (LEVEL7) *just some extra defense*

4-Link: Ancestral Warchief - Brutality - Faster Attacks - Blind or Maim or Increased Duration *mainly against bosses, i use blind as support gem, if it blinds the boss its very likely you evade/dodge all of the attacks*

3-link: Blasphemy - Punishment or Enfeeble - Grace *extra evasion for us from grace. you can use whatever curse you want but i think punishment or enfeeble is best choice -> punishment = more damage.. enfeeble = higher survive rate*

3-link: Vaal Grace - Blood Rage - Enhance (level 3 is okay) *Vaal grace for extra Defenses and AoE, Blood Rage for damage boost (i dont use blood rage much just sometimes)*

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated it is very recommended to have gems on quality 20 and close to level 20 in t12+ maps, once you have 20/20 gems start vaaling those.

Jewels:
Spoiler
-LIFE always 7%
-Attack speed with daggers
-Melee damage/increased damage/increased physical dmg
-crit multi (just a nice bonus)
-Res or attributes if needed

my jewels:

Attack/Defense with Screenshots:
Spoiler
Attack: Whirling Blades are mainly for movement but you can finish some enemies especially bosses with the culling strike + get a fortify, our totem can do some damage but main thing is that it can blind enemies and because of our dodge/evade chance blinded enemies have very low chance to hit us, its nice in boss fights then just tank the boss. Our Punishment curse gives us more damage and attack speed against cursed enemies. Blood Rage even more attack speed and damage. Vaal Grace more AoE

Blade Flurry Damage: (with conc effect) with my current gear which is not perfect one, so we can still boost the damages bit higher

map clear damage:
full buffed, thats how we roll most of time on maps anyway
eff dps release@6 stages (with flasks):
Spoiler

against Guardians/Shaper:
unbuffed (no flask):
Spoiler

eff dps 1 stage (with flasks):
Spoiler

eff dps 6 stages (with flasks):
Spoiler

eff dps release@6 stages (with flasks):
Spoiler

Defense: We use Dodge chances and evade chances mainly, have some armour from gear and our flasks boosts our evade chances and armor, on crucial situation we can use vaal grace.

unbuffed defense :
Spoiler

with grace & flasks:
Spoiler

against blind enemy + grace & flasks:
Spoiler

full buff def with vaal grace:
Spoiler

Ascendy:
Spoiler
1.Swift Killer
2.Walk The Aether
3.Ghost Dance
4.Shade Form

not even sure its best order but thats how i did it :D

Bandits:
Spoiler
I'd say KILL ALL!

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Major God: Soul Of Solaris
Minor God: Soul Of Yugul

i use these atm, but you can use whatever you want.

Enchantments:
Spoiler
Helmet: Definitely best is +40% blade flurry damage. 2nd choice is 12% BF area of effect

Boots: personally i prefer "80% chance to avoid being stunned if you've killed recently"

Gloves: if you have Spiked gloves keep the melee damage, other than that i dont know :D

You Can Complete Atlas:
Spoiler
ok hall of grandmasters and perandus manor missing,we are not viable for HoG and perandus i have no currency to buy it.
Spoiler

Pastebin For PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/9JWYaKz5

Twitch:
Spoiler
sometimes streaming in twitch (no fap cam,im poor): https://go.twitch.tv/kabine10
Last edited by Reindeer_Jesus on Mar 18, 2018, 8:10:58 AM
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2017, 3:54:07 PM
killed shaper today, topic updated and edited.
Damage seems a bit low, even with abyssus + helm enchant and dual-wielding. And why assassin, you're not even scaling poison/bleed, just for some crit bonus ? You don't lack crit with those daggers, Trickster is a much better option.
"
Brown14 wrote:
Damage seems a bit low, even with abyssus + helm enchant and dual-wielding. And why assassin, you're not even scaling poison/bleed, just for some crit bonus ? You don't lack crit with those daggers, Trickster is a much better option.

thanks for feedback, i will definitely check out the trickster option. reason im assassin is that i planned to have some bleed or poison included but figured its not worth it and kinda just kept going with assassin. damage might seem bit low but i think our attack speed is so fast we will still do pretty decent damage.

edit: according from PoB our damage isnt changing m,uch at all when changing to trickster but our defenses will improve, so i will give it a go , seems promising + we can WB all time :)
Last edited by Reindeer_Jesus on Oct 28, 2017, 10:25:25 AM
"
"
Brown14 wrote:

thanks for feedback, i will definitely check out the trickster option. reason im assassin is that i planned to have some bleed or poison included but figured its not worth it and kinda just kept going with assassin. damage might seem bit low but i think our attack speed is so fast we will still do pretty decent damage.

edit: according from PoB our damage isnt changing m,uch at all when changing to trickster but our defenses will improve, so i will give it a go , seems promising + we can WB all time :)

Glad to hear it, but take note that while dual-wielding, you do not use both of your weapons but alternates between your main hand and offhand weapon for each hit, therefore, only global mods on weapon will benefit your skill. At the moment, your daggers do not have any global mods exept the implicit mods, so you're basically a normal 1hand build and have not fully made use of dual-wielding exept some small bonuses (atk speed/block/damage by dual-wielding). I suggest wielding a Rigwald Savagery axe or Death's hand, with Death's hand Unholy Might (30% phys-> chaos)synergies very well with Trickster ascendancies. The tooltip will be lower but actual damage is higher, don't let it deceive you.
"
Brown14 wrote:
"
"
Brown14 wrote:

Glad to hear it, but take note that while dual-wielding, you do not use both of your weapons but alternates between your main hand and offhand weapon for each hit, therefore, only global mods on weapon will benefit your skill. At the moment, your daggers do not have any global mods exept the implicit mods, so you're basically a normal 1hand build and have not fully made use of dual-wielding exept some small bonuses (atk speed/block/damage by dual-wielding). I suggest wielding a Rigwald Savagery axe or Death's hand, with Death's hand Unholy Might (30% phys-> chaos)synergies very well with Trickster ascendancies. The tooltip will be lower but actual damage is higher, don't let it deceive you.

thanks again for help, as i use brutality skill gem i dont think death's hand can be used but i will take a look at rigwald axe or some other possible offhand booster. didnt know that about dual-wielding that i dont use both weapons or is it because of blade flurry so i dont use both weapons?

did some testing and i believe that death's hand is best for damage, i need to swap out brutality gem thou, replacing it with added fire seems best move..
Last edited by Reindeer_Jesus on Oct 28, 2017, 3:14:42 PM
Only some skills like Cleave or Dual strike use both weapons at the same time, you should check out the wiki page for dual-wielding. And again, ele damage without any penetration is not worth it, so Added fire is not optimized. Use Ruthless, or if you somehow manage to have enough bleed, use Chance to bleed (dot synergies with Trickster). Good luck with your build.
Last edited by Brown14 on Oct 28, 2017, 8:14:30 PM
i read that and understand now better, i have some plans now :) thanks for your efforts to help me.
topic is updated completely, new videos added.
I'm trying this build out. For levelling I used the classic levelling items: Tabula, Wanderlust, Goldrim, Le Heups. I started with double Screaming Eagle hatchets up until level 17 when I swapped out for a Hrimnor's Dirge and started using sunder. I kept on upgrading maces (Geofri's Baptism -> Clobber Clabber) up until level 44, where I bought two Widowmaker daggers and swapped out to Blade Dance. It starts getting rather rough around level 55, but there are no easily available unique daggers, so I stalled until level 60 and bought 2 Taproots.

For the tree, I made sure to have finished the dagger circle by level 44 so I can swap out for Blade Dance easily. I did not grab Vaal Pact and mostly focused on HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info