Can I convert my Varunastra build into Crit version

Hello All.

I built a max block gladiator build with varunastra. Character's name is Blocking_Instinct.
You can see it's items on my profile.

Here is the current skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBS0GOQaLCEkKJgz3EPATTBQgFHEVIBXsF-EZtBo4Gj4bqiDjIWAkmyb4KCoppS2DL8wwdzWSPC09AD0PQKBHfk4yUEdRYFboWfNZ_l8_X9pi7GMXZFJlTWebbNhvO3KpdO108XYrdqx343gNeTl673zZfuKAVoCKgTqBm4IHg8yE2YTvivCLT49gkFWXeZ7Nn8unMKluqZWsqqyvrY2vp7LctfK2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAGsC_wQfBgsGjxILE9sauypDPftIh137Yvdl82sHdDeCV4mHkUelG6dXqGO8O8i_yQfJa8wb3MvdN-Ov7qv4K?accountName=kaanj&characterName=Blocking_Instinct

Problem with build is, it has around 70k dps with auras. It is good at killing regular mobs but bosses take long time. I want to increase the dps output with adding crit into build. I will regret nodes on left and go right side.

So my question is will I be able to get good crit chance with keeping same amount of defence ?
I will get sword crit and pyshical nodes, dagger crit nodes and claw nodes. So it is a very big chance and It will cost me around 30-40 regrets. Do you guys think it is worth it ? Or create a new character around varunastra ?

Last bumped on Oct 20, 2017, 9:57:14 PM
I think you should just make a new character, because the change is just too much, and there's a fair chance you're gonna get stuck while trying to gear up and confused of which to take first and all kinds of thing. Unless you have a good planned out tree and good critical gears available.
And I think crit Varunastra would just be around the right side of the tree since the beginning.

Depending on your budget you can make a beefy crit 1h max block glad, but you generally don't want to use varanustra because of the low base crit.

If you can afford a rare 1h foil/rapier with 300+ pdps and good crit (7%+) go for that instead. It will scale better than varanustra in the long run. You will also need lots of accuracy on your gear since you will need to spec out of RT. Either that or pickup lycosidae.

PM me I can help you will more specific questions. Have a look at my tree (NanoHefler) too, its crit max block glad.

cheers
Last edited by Hamdrew on Oct 17, 2017, 9:15:52 PM
Thanks a lot for both response.

Unfortunately I didnt wait for respond and regreted some many points and tried to crit with it. Outcome is not great. Barely 50% crit with too many investment on crit.

Also it became too weak defensively. My block chance got 49. Also with abyssus I need more defence against physical attacks.

I think I will save up some currency and get a good crit weapon or build something else.

@bananapanama1 I checked your max block build and it would be a great guide for me.
If I understood it correctly your problem is singletarget dps. Instead of going crit, I suggest looking to bleed for that extra dps.

I have killed Shaper on SSF with a DW Bleed build using a Tabula. I made a guide for it on the forums which I suggest you check out. If you follow the guide you will have to spec out of block nodes and put them into DW nodes. It is also viable to go with 1H and shield, but in that case I suggest you swap varunastra with that unique crablooking 1h mace.
Most Gladiator crit build are expensive, because there are too many things to hold on, critical multiplier/ block chance/life/ life leech.

I'd say either you take Vaal Pact and wear Kaom's Root, or invest more and go for good jewels, amulets and Acuity.

Life leech should be instant, otherwise the gap where you get hit and the your life recovery can be fatal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info