[3.0] Slayer Heavy Strike/Cleave Bleed Build

This build is utilizing high melee physical hit of heavy strike to deal high bleed damage, Starforge is the best in slot item for this build although a good physical two hand sword could be used.

For mapping, swap heavy strike with cleave and use cleave threshold jewel "Overwhelming Odds"

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros
- Good single target damage
- High life leech rate
- Decent Hp Pool

Cons
- Vulnerable to physical reflect (Headsman + Basalt Flask + Minor God - Yugul helps quite a lot)
- Mediocre clear speed
- Not budget friendly

Skilltree:

Bandit:
Spoiler
Oak

Gem Links
Spoiler
Heavy Strike/Cleave -Melee Phys - Brutality - Chance to Bleed - Ruthless - Maim
Ancestral Warchief-Melee Phys - Brutality - Bloodlust - Ruthless - Maim
Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Fortify - Culling Strike
Vengeance - Maim - Brutality - Melee Phys

Gear
Spoiler

Note: Gems in the items could be wrong, please refers to "Gem Links" section for active skill links

Jewel
Spoiler

Patheon
Spoiler
Major God - Arakaali
Minor God - Gruthkul/Yugul (against reflect)

Videos
Spoiler

Last edited by cheapbunny on Oct 14, 2017, 5:26:21 AM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2018, 4:35:57 PM
"
cheapbunny wrote:

The gems in the helmet have 0 effect, they are all "spells" and disabled by gruthkul's.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 14, 2017, 5:14:52 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
cheapbunny wrote:

The gems in the helmet have 0 effect, they are all "spells" and disabled by gruthkul's.

Yes, I just linked my items from other build, so the gems in the item could be wrong.
I have made a note in the Gear section.
Thank you for this nice build! I am currently testing out an axe cleave version of this. I have a question about mana management. Because you are taking hematophagy instead of vitality void, do you run into any mana problems since you don't leech mana?
"
AntExile wrote:
Thank you for this nice build! I am currently testing out an axe cleave version of this. I have a question about mana management. Because you are taking hematophagy instead of vitality void, do you run into any mana problems since you don't leech mana?

The build is taking blood magic keystone, mana would not be a problem. =)
"
cheapbunny wrote:
"
AntExile wrote:

The build is taking blood magic keystone, mana would not be a problem. =)

Ah! Sorry I somehow missed that. On that note however, I didn't take blood magic but crafted "leech 0.38% physical damage as mana", and it solved the "mana problem". Thanks for the clarification!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info