tried t16 vaal temple for the 1st time

I tried with my marauder. he has 8 k life, pretty overall strong guy, not many weaknesses. I figured I should kill the one that reflects first ( high dps fear lol ), the second guy I killed was more like a who was nearest me then, and it was stressful. The last guy that had a rain spell thing. killed me with 1 hit, 1 hit only. entering the room and then, half a second later - dead. I used 5 portals to instant deaths. my build has probably cost about 50 ish ex ( very expensive sword) . not insane gear but pretty good gear, I tried to take as much life as I can on the tree and on gear with strength too.

I had map mods with 2 monster dps modes though . total in + 60 ish% dps. Dunno if that really made much difference at all. really dunno. The monster must have a pretty insane base dps anyway. Don't think I have been 1 shotted in like 6-9 months until today ofc. to compare with izaro for example i only need to hold attack button in and stand in his face while giggling, same with a lot of the other high end enemies.

my hero hasnt died since he was level 89, he turned level 95 yesterday and that's when i try out hard content, because of thats simply the only time I bother with it ( you know xp loss ) . i have done most t 15 maps and those booses was like small children , could pretty much facetank them all but this vaal temple map sure was very hard ( or most likely unbalanced as usual with ggg balance team ).

I don't use vaal pact though so i guess maybe that was the problem. But i hate that node , so pussy to use it imo. anyway i am a melee so it wouldnt matter either i dunno , enter room and boom - dead so...

Dunno if it helps much if i use my witch either , her es is not that great anymore after the nerf , thank you very much ggg for that one you destroyer of your own game btw.

Anyone with any tip on this map for me , (players that have done it) ? was my first time trying it i know its one of the hardest maps but omg the difference compared to other hard stuff was pretty insane , i didn't expect it to be this crazy lol.
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 11:03:58 AM
Congratulations. You killed them in the wrong order. Guess you learned the hard way.

I have cleared Vaal Temple several times with characters ranging from 4.5k to 5.7k life (Ice Shot / Barrage and Kinetic Blast / Barrage), also with a character that has (had) ~10k ES (Bladefall miner). The map balance is perfectly fine, just kill the Rain of Arrows girl first (I thought this was rather common knowledge by now).

Also, you can train for the fight on Atziri, so you cannot tell that you could not have known. The Atziri fight is very similar, the trio in Vaal Temple is, depending on the roll of the map, quite a bit easier to quite a bit harder than the Uber Atziri trio. Which is fine. I like challenge.

Ripped recently (multiple times, could not finish) on a multi-curse double boss Vaal Temple though, on a pretty well equipped character. Was fun ;).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
you did the wrong order

you kill the caster girl first, then the dual wielding guy and then the whirlwind guy
lol ok thanks . typical me . didnt matter much though was no xp to loose. So i basically kept the worst last. Nah havent practised much on atziri before , never interested me really and i pretty much always sold my sets to get gear etc instead and when atlas came i never bothered to try was so much new stuff to do that was more appealing to me.

Also, I think they do chaos damage and my first guess would be that your chaos res is in negative?
Spreading salt since 2006
Run in a circle while you safely kill the rain spell thing in the middle of the room, dont get caught in the rain. Then stay out of black ooze while you slay the reflect guy, don't attack him while he is on fire cause then he may oneshot you.
For last guy use a anti bleed flask with duration, then you can pretty much facetank him with no worries.

You can see me do the fight in a Uber Atziri / Alluring Abyss map here:
https://youtu.be/eeyyyjC9Zjw?t=3m21s
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Oct 13, 2017, 11:11:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info