[3.0] Needlessly Expensive Crit Cleave Slayer / Consistent 4 minute shapers / Uber Atziri viable

Wait a minute, you're playing cleave? Why the hell are you playing cleave and with crit? Well you see guys, I like the skill. So no comments saying I could've played BF and done triple the DPS with my budget.

Anyways, as the title states, this build is pretty expensive for its performance. So if you're planning on starting off the season or thinking of making a bossing and clearing build for reasonable budget then look away.

Videos
Spoiler
Minotaur Run with vulnerability/added fire/Reduced Armour/Increased life
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyl7OnrXb_0

Uber Atziri(With one death T.T these sets are so expensive so I'm hesitant to run them for more practice.)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNsoSqNNGk

Shaper(This was before I learned about bloodlust. Could've skipped 2nd phase if I had it)
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojDWuP1vCrw&t=42s

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ymwfAa0s

Ascendancy
Spoiler
So I'll explain my though process when deciding on slayer over something like berserker.

This was actually my first character ever in POE since this is my first league so I was honestly pretty lazy when deciding on class.

Later on I actually found that slayer is pretty damn good for this setup and one of the reasons is that I save a flask slot due to bleed immunity. Flasks are a pretty important part of your dps so having 1 more offensive flask available is super valuable. Although, this leaves freeze/curse to be a problem still but you honestly don't need freeze immunity that often when mapping so I switch between two curse and freeze diamond flask. If you set your Warchief right before you open a strongbox, you will survive even though you are frozen.

Another neat feature of playing slayer with Acuity is that you get Val Pact and your OP super leech which gives you bleed and stun immunity. Wowzers thats pretty neat aint it.

Worry free physical reflect mapping. Even when you take off abyssus with sibyl's lament and reflect Pantheon, you nuke yourself pretty hard. Especially when you don't crit you'll see 90% of your HP is gone. But with 50% physical reduction and replacing your helmet with something like a Starkonja or Rat's nest you don't take any reflect damage. Elemental reflect is pretty tricky. I generally reroll when im too lazy but when I run ele reflect maps I am generally a bit more careful but it's not that bad if you turn off hatred and herald of ash because you'll still do tons of damage.

Oh and 20% culling. Pretty self explanatory.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

For the people that don't use PoB

Picked up a bunch of DPS nodes but didn't want to be too squishy so I just grabbed some health along the way. You're gonna want at least 5.5k+ health to survive hits so you can leech it back up with Acuity like Shaper's Minion boss guy's slam that you have to kill after every phase ( I forgot his name T.T) and minotaur slam.

For whatever reason you want to play this build without Acuity (because your're masochistic) then I'd recommend picking up Vitality Void. I actually played without Acuity for a week and honestly wasn't that bad. You're just less safe when mapping and have to dance around a bit in phoenix.

Gear
Spoiler

Honestly the only real expensive thing about this build is the Acuity. I'd say the rest are pretty reasonable aside from the flasks. I've tried putting in 1-3ex Physical Jewelled foils and they only lose me about 300k in DPS. 1-3ex foils are usually around 330ish Physical DPS while my foils are around 380 plus some ele damage(which doesn't make much of a difference you mainly want the physical damage) and my foils were around 20ex each. Currently saving up for a 100ex foil which would only give me 250k DPS. Upgrading my rings and amulet would be cheaper but doesn't yield a big enough difference to warrant a change.

Oh and I'd say Steel Rings>Diamond Rings because you benefit so much from flask ele conversion. Rings with crit multi are pretty expensive so Steel rings with a flat phys prefix is fine.

Make sure to have a backup helemet like Starkonja so you can deal with reflect maps.

Gem Setup
Spoiler
3L Setups:

Whirling Blades>Faster Attacks>Blood Magic

Haste>Summon Ice Golem>Herald of Ash

Curse on Hit>Assassin's Mark>Orb of Storms

4L Setups:

Ancestral Warchief>Maim>Concentrated>Melee Damage Support>

Vaal Haste>Increased duration>Cast when damage taken>Immortal Call(Very important that you keep CWDT at lvl 1 and immortal call as well.)

6L Setup:

Mapping:Cleave>Inc effect>Multistrike>Maim>Ruthless>Melee Physical

Bossing:Cleave>Conc Effect>Multistrike>Bloodlust>Ruthless>Melee Physical

Jewels
Spoiler
Attack Speed and life % is your #1 priority

Multi is generally better but Area or melee damage is fine too.

Oh and have 1

Gameplay
Spoiler
Mapping is pretty straight forward. I try to get in the middle of the pack because you can
blow up the mobs in your radius instantly because of the threshold jewel. Try to have Flask 100% uptime because that's most of our damage. When opening strongboxes without your freeze immunity flask place down a Ancestral warchief, which should kill everything before you get killed.

Bossing is kinda a trial and error kinda thing (Might not work in HC) I try to test my limits to see what I can or cannot tank. It's really important that you get your ancestral warchief and position it so it doesn't die instantly because bloodlust is a huge chunk of our damage. But for general bossing in t11-t12 maps I just pop Orb of storms and all flask EXCEPT Lion's Roar(this just slows you down don't do it.)Bosses like Trio and Hydra I don't even bother putting on bloodlust and just use have maim on.

Last bumped on Jan 14, 2018, 7:11:35 AM
Great bulid mate. gives a lot of pleasure :). Well done
Cleave is one of my favorite skills too, but not to the point where I could force myself to spend that much currency on it, lol.

Loved watching the vids tho. :) Great job. :)
Last edited by mickeymicky on Oct 30, 2017, 2:00:16 PM
Does this still work well for 3.1 with legacy acuity?
Nothing really changed so I'd say yes. I would try to snipe some juicy phys to fire conversion/flat damage jewels from people coming from HC. Though this build didn't really need acuity in the first place and it was more of a luxury.
Last edited by OrangeLeaf on Dec 13, 2017, 3:19:21 AM
Sorry noob question. Your POB shows enemies are bleeding but how do you cause bleeding? I see no source of bleeding from your eq
"
FEELme2013 wrote:
Sorry noob question. Your POB shows enemies are bleeding but how do you cause bleeding? I see no source of bleeding from your eq

From ancestral warchief but this build is pretty outdated so I wouldn't recommend it anymore. For abyss league that is.
Has been very interested and intrigued with your build. Decided to try it out today and I am very happy with it.

DPS is really good with this build.
Spoiler

Coming from a BF build previously, most of my jewels are +crit chance. Not sure if it would be better to replace some of them with AS %. Will try it out and see.

Thanks for your guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info