[3.0 WIP] The Brutal Archer: Facetanking with a bow – 5.8-7k+ life – 450k-1mil+ Shaper DPS

Quick build showcase video
Spoiler
Will add one once I get my character leveled

Intro
Spoiler
I started this character with the intent of trying to create a tanky archer instead of hiding in the back and running from things. I thought the best way to go about that was with block by utilizing the Rearguard quiver and a Lioneye’s Fall jewel to grab the staff and crit clusters near Resolute Technique. However, I then realized that Lioneye’s Fall has gone through the roof this league and costs 2EX and best block chance I could seem to get with Rumi’s was 50-60%. Neither is good.
Instead of giving up on the tanky archer idea I just gave up on the block idea and have come up with something I feel I can probably be satisfied with. It’s still a WIP and will be for a few weeks as I’m only in the 50’s and have a 6 month old and 3 other kids at home so I don’t get near as much time to play as I would like to. However, the PoB results look very promising so I wanted to share in case others with more time than me would like to give it a try.

How to Play
Spoiler
We use blink arrow to engage our enemies instead of using it as an escape tactic. With Chin Sol bow and Point Blank keystone we are doing really high DPS when we stand toe to toe. The knockback of Chin Sol is negated by using Empire’s Grasp gloves to reverse the direction. Every hit pulls our victim closer instead of pushing him further away. We stay alive while that close by having a high life pool combined with Unwavering Stance, Iron Reflexes, 75-85% physical damage mitigation and Vaal Pact for instant life recovery. Power charge generation is through Orb of Storms / Power Charge on Crit and Inya’s boots so we get max charges 25% of the time. Endurance charges to improve our physical mitigation and give longer Immortal Calls are provided by Blasphemy / Warlord’s Mark.

Basic Stats
DISCLAIMER: I don’t like inflated numbers that are only possible with god gear and every gem at 21/20. Only the top .1% of players actually achieve that so my stats below are for level 90 skill tree, 20/0 gems, gear with only T2 rolls, and no Barrage or other lab enchants. That means if you are one of the .1% and really want to min/max you can easily push this build well over 1mil DPS. Just the last 10 skill points in my tree bring Lioneye’s version to 987k Shaper DPS.

With Lioneye’s Vision Crusader Plate: 734K Shaper DPS and 5.6k life
With Belly of the Beast: 644k Shaper DPS and 6.1k life
With Kaom’s Heart: 644k Shaper DPS and 6.8k life

Only offensive flasks used are diamond, Rotgut and Dying Sun. Without a Dying Sun you can still reach 525K DPS with Lioneye’s and 460K with Belly or Kaom’s. Kaom's heart option would require a 2nd bow on weapon swap for Tornado shot and white pack clearing or possibly use Barrage for clearing as well and just add a couple Volley Fire jewels. Haven't tried that so not sure how it would work for clearing.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Deadeye - Gives us two additional projectiles to increase our DPS. The increased damage to enemies further away may be a boost while mapping since it will be too slow to warp on top of every mob before attacking like we will for the bosses.
Ranger Start - For obvious reason
Slayer - More damage against bosses, more leech, and great reflect protection. Saved for last since reflect won't be a major issue until we start mapping.

PoB Pastebin
All gear and gem links are in PoB. Will add to main post later.
https://pastebin.com/cL86hqDa
Last edited by stoudtlr on Sep 26, 2017, 11:19:33 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2017, 1:10:41 AM
reserved
Level 73 and in maps now. Only about 3200 life at the moment because I'm still in a tabula and need to upgrade most of my gear for life rolls. Did most of my leveling with TS and a Death's Harp. Only using TS currently. Once other gear is upgraded I'll grab a 5L Chin Sol and start using barrage. Current Chin Sol will then become my currency dump trying for 6L.

Think I'll refund Unwavering and Iron Reflexes until I get gear upgraded. Not enough AR/EV at the moment to make them worth it. Taking every hit when you've only got 30% phys mitigation hurts.

Current gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info