Dark Pact Build Help

I'm playing Mathil's Dark Pact Occultist and it not going as planned...

Short story I'm doing nowhere near the same amount of DPS mathil is dishing out and I'm on a six link with dual voidbattery against mathil's five link and rare dagger plus shield(it seems to be about half the dps that mathil deals from what I can see).

Our other gear is relatively similar the biggest differences being me having kaom's roots, a crit amulet and no uber enchant or starkonja's
Mathil having a spell dmg cast speed and crit chance amulet and an uber enchant

The weird thing is I think I should have marginally higher dps than him however this doesn't seem to be the case at all

Mathil's Build video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOlft9PHCDg&t=303s

PoB link to Mathil's build: https://pastebin.com/Qfmc2d9C

My characters name: Deane_Pact

What am I doing wrong? I hope I am missing something very essential because this makes no sense to me at all

(another mention my leech sucks and if I haven't killed recently I almost kill myself by attacking therefore I've sometimes been using a 0.5% chaos leech amulet trading about 1.5k tooltip dps)
Last edited by nico133a on Sep 24, 2017, 11:53:06 AM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2017, 11:05:38 PM
Your DPS is pretty close when you activate all things in PoB. The reason why it doesn't seem like it is because Mathil set Wither to 20 stacks. He also uses a full 20/20 gems configuration, which makes up for the rest of the DPS difference.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
yes thats the problem it shouldn't be close it should be much higher. If you equip 2 voidbatteries on mathils build he has about 3.7 m dmg vs non shaper/boss and i have with 20 wither 1.5 m max

Also right now from what I can see from his video I do much less damage than he does in his videoes but I'll make a video and post it so you can judge for yourself
Last edited by nico133a on Sep 24, 2017, 8:20:17 AM
Spoiler
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0vaMQB-4dvwM0owZlljdE5HRVE/view?usp=sharing
Well, he also has a much higher crit multi than you. And he's using Conc Effect instead of Inc AoE.
I use conc effect against bosses, did you see the video? and ofc he has higher crit multi as he has it on both his shield and dagger but dual void battery should give more dps which it just doesn't even though I'm on a six link and he is using a five link.
Why should it give you more DPS? You get much higher "increased" damage, but crit multi is a multiplier, so has more overall effect.
Because it's 270% inc spell dmg plus 2 extra power charges and 28% cast speed vs 25% crit multi 70% spell dmg and 180% spell crit chance
Last edited by nico133a on Sep 24, 2017, 4:00:41 PM
Your character doesn't have any gear on so it's kinda hard to help.

I've been playing DP also and I really wonder about Wither totem in the computation. Getting the big DPS #s is really important in T15 onwards, and in those cases, its nearly impossible to have the totem out long enough without it being destroyed quickly. And if you take your finger off the explosion generator to recast, you really risk getting killed.

I guess I need to L2P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info