Chapter 6 - New Player

I am not a hardcore player and I am having difficulty in Chapter 6 defeating the Bosses ... no matter how I equip up.

Is there a secret to beating these guys without being killed a hundred times???

Last bumped on Oct 8, 2017, 8:01:00 PM
You need to make your account public so us forumgoers can look at your characters, can't really help without knowing whats missing :)
no secret

you need appropriate max Life, elemental resistances and enough damage. knowledge of the boss fight mechanics also helps

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I am not sure how to make my account public but will do my best.

Seems to take forever to level up now ... :( I have created several different characters ... right now I am playing AlexandraSantino ...
Also what is the secret to getting really rare items? Is the Max life from the passive tree, if so, I need a better way to level up ...
Ok, this is the third time I have reached this level (restarting this character) and I am now level 50 with 1669 life ... I still seem to die more often just getting through these maps. It is taking me for ever to level up so I can snag the life nodes off the passive skill tree ...

Is it even possible to play these upper levels with the ranger?

Most likely I just suck ... but I have swapped gems around and bows around ...

I am playing Alexandra Santino ... should I just start over again?
"
KyliaGypsy wrote:
Ok, this is the third time I have reached this level (restarting this character) and I am now level 50 with 1669 life ... I still seem to die more often just getting through these maps. It is taking me for ever to level up so I can snag the life nodes off the passive skill tree ...

Is it even possible to play these upper levels with the ranger?

Most likely I just suck ... but I have swapped gems around and bows around ...

I am playing Alexandra Santino ... should I just start over again?

Your lifepool is fine.
As a rule of thumb: Go for 300hp per act. So in act6 you should have about 1800hp and you are close enough, thats not the issue.

Your issue are your elemental resistances.
Even with 2 purity auras (cold + lightning) you are sitting roughly a zero cold and lightning res.
The act6 boss (Brine King) deals cold and lightning dmg.

As an example (numbers are pulled out of thin air):
- Lets assume Brine King would deal 2k cold dmg per hit.
- Lets assume your cold res is zero
- Result: You take 2k dmg = RIP

Same thing, but this time with some cold res:
- 2k dmg cold hit again
- but this time your cold res is sitting at 50%
- Result: You take 1k dmg and survive

TL;DR:
Keep your elemental res at about 50% all the time and you should be fine. If you are able to cap res (75%) - awesome. But 50% is usually good enough while leveling.
If you are lacking good res gear, use Binding Orbs, Alchemy Orbs or Essences on white items and gamble for an upgrade. Wont work every single time, but good news is: The worse your gear, the more likely you get an upgrade :)

Fix your res and you should be able to proceed.
Ok thank you so much for the reply. Someone was really kind and more or less traded me gear today. I don't know who it was and they didn't ask for anything from me ... or maybe they did and I didn't know. They asked me to join a party and then gave me gear and then left.

No word or anything but I really appreciated that.

I am so freaking new at the mechanics of this game it is embarrassing. I do have a lot of gear I can't use on this character and I probably wont ever create a character that can use it ... but too intimidated to try and trade it or give it to someone who just needs it.

K
"
KyliaGypsy wrote:
Ok thank you so much for the reply. Someone was really kind and more or less traded me gear today. I don't know who it was and they didn't ask for anything from me ... or maybe they did and I didn't know. They asked me to join a party and then gave me gear and then left.

No word or anything but I really appreciated that.

I am so freaking new at the mechanics of this game it is embarrassing. I do have a lot of gear I can't use on this character and I probably wont ever create a character that can use it ... but too intimidated to try and trade it or give it to someone who just needs it.

K

We´ve all been there :D

You´ll learn and improve, if you bring time and dedication to the table.
Best advice I could give you: Follow a build guide thats made for beginners.
Trying to create your own build isnt necessarily wrong - but chances are, you dont know what you are doing and that might cause trouble and frustration later on.

Its easier and more enjoyable to play a build that works and learn the game that way.
Thats at least my opinion :)

Once you know what you are doing, create your own thing.

Cheers and stay safe exile
Last edited by Orbaal on Oct 6, 2017, 12:42:25 PM
Just some ideas:

You should focus on finding and using jewelry with good resists. Try to find some with at least two elemental resists at 25% or greater for each piece. That will probably help some.

Totems - You may want to switch to a decoy totem. You will need to level it up some. But it will pull monsters off of you.

Golems - Get a stone golem, it will help you regenerate life.

Your flasks are bad also. None of them should be white at this point and one should have of heat suffix and one should have of staunching suffix. You can use transmutation orbs and alteration orbs to make them. Honestly, I would get rid of the quicksilver and the sulfur flask. Possibly one of the life flasks. Get a stibnite flask: it blinds monsters nears you and makes you harder to hit. Then get either a granite, jade or basalt flask for additional damage mitigation. If you get rid of the second life flask, you can put a quartz or resistance flask if you need. Your belt gives some mana regen, so you might not need a mana flask either.

Your chest - depending on your currency, you should use jewelers orbs to 5 or 6 socket it. Then fuse to get at least a four link.

You still have too many attack skills. It looks like tornado shot is you main damage skill. I would change out pierce support for faster attacks at this point. Are you using shrapnel shot or lightning shot for any particular reason like applying shock? It doesn't really look like it, but had to ask. If not, you can toss them. In one of your four links (helmet or gloves) you might do someting like SplitArrow-CurseOnHit-ProjectileWeakness or WarlordsMark-LifeGainOnHit. Projectile weakness gives you more damage, warlords mark give you more chance to stay alive. Find your preference.

CWDT - get a cast with damage taken and link it to immortal call. Will give you short term immunity to physical attacks.

Artic armor is probably more useful than purity auars at chapter six. Otherwise, if you need more resists, go with purity of elements.

That might help some.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Oct 8, 2017, 8:02:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info