Pure evasion build: how to not get one-shotted?

Level 75 on this raider, with 4.1K life, trying to do uber lab to get last ascendancy: I move around and I'm just way too fast for Izaro, BUT he did managed to 1-shot me anyway.

For uber lab at the very least, what could I do ?beside? getting more evasion? Do I need to switch chest just to get a ton of life?
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2017, 12:02:38 AM
Hmm, reminds me of a recent thread... :p
Lightning Coil is goodstuff, ECharges are strong, Enfeeble is still the best Curse. Fortify is big.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 22, 2017, 5:04:36 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Lightning Coil is goodstuff, ECharges are strong, Enfeeble is still the best Curse. Fortify is big.

And yet he can still 1 shot you with fortify, enfeeble, basalt flask and 3 EC with over 6k life. Atleast he did on my Slayer in Harbinger. Sad part it was only on the 2nd fight :(
Last edited by sfbistimg on Sep 23, 2017, 12:26:18 AM
I often do uber with less than 3k hp, Armor is key. pure evasion is terrible in general, sure you dodge alot but that one hit that gets through will probably kill you. Or you need insane dps to kill everything before anything can hit you.

Iron reflexes and grace will probably sort you out, or just wait till you are lvl 80 or so, a lot of builds struggle with uber until a higher level.
Last edited by Fairelight on Sep 23, 2017, 2:59:52 AM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
And yet he can still 1 shot you with fortify, enfeeble, basalt flask and 3 EC with over 6k life. Atleast he did on my Slayer in Harbinger. Sad part it was only on the 2nd fight :(

Bull shit.

10% Less Damage from Enfeeble, 20% Reduced from Fort, 27% PDR not counting armour is enough to make 10k pure Physical survivable:
10000 * 0.9 * 0.8 * 0.73 = 5256
Izaro does not deal 10k Physical Damage*, and certainly not more than that either.

* = full Charges plus Gargoyles against Abyssus or some shit, maybe that'll jack it up to 10k after modifiers
"
Fairelight wrote:
I often do uber with less than 3k hp, Armor is key. pure evasion is terrible in general, sure you dodge alot but that one hit that gets through will probably kill you. Or you need insane dps to kill everything before anything can hit you.

Iron reflexes and grace will probably sort you out, or just wait till you are lvl 80 or so, a lot of builds struggle with uber until a higher level.

3k hp? wat.
"
sfbistimg wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Gut feeling tells me you let him get ele damage buffs if you got one shot with all those up, even 2h slam won't one shot 6k with 40-50% damage reduction (you should be dodging slam anyway)

I tend to work with certain thresholds, you need 6k to survive a windslash from sword/board izaro, you need like 7-7.5k for dual wield and 9k for two handed. You should never get hit by the two handed moves however as his windup is substantial.

All of those figures are then lowered by appropriate damage reduction depending on how much you've got. Juggs can do it with 4k hp and just manmode the whole thing but its a bit harder to balance for full evade chars
get enough life and let evasion take care of the non telegraphed hits.

lvl 71 and 4.1k life? is that a joke? maybe do the lab later when you are stronger?
i do eternal lab as late as lvl 90 sometimes and i don't even do merciless lab at lvl 71.

i was dying to a lot of stuff when i had 4.2k life on my archer. now that it is 4.8k i survive very well. you need to reach a certain level of life to not die to stuff you are not supposed to die to with evasion/dodge type of charachters.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 23, 2017, 2:41:57 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sfbistimg wrote:

Bull shit.

10% Less Damage from Enfeeble, 20% Reduced from Fort, 27% PDR not counting armour is enough to make 10k pure Physical survivable:
10000 * 0.9 * 0.8 * 0.73 = 5256
Izaro does not deal 10k Physical Damage*, and certainly not more than that either.

* = full Charges plus Gargoyles against Abyssus or some shit, maybe that'll jack it up to 10k after modifiers

no it wasnt bullshit Pretty sure I was there when I got 1 shot by him with those all up.
Were you there? I don't remember you there, but who knows maybe you were peeking at me through my window. I gain nothing from making this up and I really don't give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. Just stating the fact that you can be 1 shot by him even with the choices you gave him all up.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
sfbistimg wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Gut feeling tells me you let him get ele damage buffs if you got one shot with all those up, even 2h slam won't one shot 6k with 40-50% damage reduction (you should be dodging slam anyway)

I tend to work with certain thresholds, you need 6k to survive a windslash from sword/board izaro, you need like 7-7.5k for dual wield and 9k for two handed. You should never get hit by the two handed moves however as his windup is substantial.

All of those figures are then lowered by appropriate damage reduction depending on how much you've got. Juggs can do it with 4k hp and just manmode the whole thing but its a bit harder to balance for full evade chars

Got caught in a cyclone rotation couldn't dodge the Slam
Last edited by sfbistimg on Sep 23, 2017, 9:06:35 PM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
no it wasnt bullshit Pretty sure I was there when I got 1 shot by him with those all up.
Were you there? I don't remember you there, but who knows maybe you were peeking at me through my window. I gain nothing from making this up and I really don't give a flying fuck if you believe me or not. Just stating the fact that you can be 1 shot by him even with the choices you gave him all up.

It doesn't fucking matter if any of us were there, we know exactly how much damage Izaro can do in one hit with his most ridiculous DPS buffs up. You might've died, but you sure as hell weren't killed in 1 hit if you really had all of those things you claimed to.

Lying is bad. Spreading misinformation to the general public is worse. Don't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info