Why can i self ignite but not self bleed myself?

Eye of Innocence and Mokou's Embrace lets me get ignited with self inflicted fire damage

why can't it do the same for bleed by using Rat's Nest and Red Trail?

..ppl always responded you require a hit for self bleeding and self damage isn't a hit ...but then why isn't that the same case for ignite? ..ignite requires a hit too, why does self ignite works without being a hit then?

GGG's mechanics are really confusing :(
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 4:46:39 PM
Ignite requires a hit.

Bleed requires an attack.

You can "Hit" yourself in a number of ways, increasingly as the game grows. To the best of my knowledge however, you cannot yet "Attack" yourself. A hit is any single packet of discrete, one-and-done damage, as opposed to DoT/degeneration effects. 'Attack' is a specific tag appended to some but not all hits. In addition, Red Trail specifically states "50% chance to be inflicted with Bleeding when hit by an attack."

The Rat Cage transforms ten percent of Fire into Physical when you take damage. It doesn't transform 'Hit' damage into 'Attack' damage, so it doesn't really matter if you're taking physical as well as fire. Eye of Innocence doesn't attack you, it hits you, so no Red Trail. Sadly.
It's also worth noting, in addition to the Eye not dealing Attack Damage, Damage Taken As does not create base Damage for derivative DoTs since 3.0. Eye of Innocence deals 0 base Physical Damage, and as such it will always deal zero Bleed Damage. Same reason you can no longer use Cloak of Flame to be Ignited by Physical Damage anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info