Unrighteous Fire: Support Gems ?

What?: Act 3 - Lunaris Temple - Burned Miscreation as a Spectre

What are the best support gems to support Unrighteous Fire? (4/5/6L)

From what I can work out it works like Righteous Fire so Increased Area of Effect and Fire Penetration work.

Minion Life should work. Minion Damage probably wont work? Neither will Concentrated Effect.

Flammability and Elemental Weakness should boost damage.

Can multiple AoE fields overlap to do more damage? If not then it might be best to only have one.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Anyone kind enough to elaborate or the best support gems for Burned Miscreations?

Would concentrated effect work?
IGN: Valathyl / I_am_protected / TwoStone
"
AnnanFay wrote:
What?: Act 3 - Lunaris Temple - Burned Miscreation as a Spectre

What are the best support gems to support Unrighteous Fire? (4/5/6L)

From what I can work out it works like Righteous Fire so Increased Area of Effect and Fire Penetration work.

Minion Life should work. Minion Damage probably wont work? Neither will Concentrated Effect.

Flammability and Elemental Weakness should boost damage.

Can multiple AoE fields overlap to do more damage? If not then it might be best to only have one.
Increase AOE Works well
IGN: MavisDrac - SummonerWitch
PyroOccultis - Fire&BloodWitch
For 4l, 5l, 6l I would go as follows (no proof whatsoever, just what I think would work best so please feel free to correct me):

4 linked
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike

Instakill at 10% enemy life

5 linked (using this setup myself)
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike
(B) Increased Area of Effect

Instakill at 10% enemy life, plus larger radius of their aoe

6 linked
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike
(B) Concentrated Effect

Instakill at 10% enemy life, concentrated effect cancels out the larger radius of increased area of effect, but makes the aura itself much deadlier.
Last edited by Elsanor on Apr 6, 2013, 11:06:50 AM
"
Elsanor wrote:
For 4l, 5l, 6l I would go as follows (no proof whatsoever, just what I think would work best so please feel free to correct me):

4 linked
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike

Instakill at 10% enemy life

5 linked (using this setup myself)
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike

Instakill at 10% enemy life, plus larger radius of their aoe

6 linked
--------
(B) Raise Specter
(B) Minion Life
(B) Minion Damage
(G) Culling Strike
(B) Concentrated Effect

Instakill at 10% enemy life, concentrated effect cancels out the larger radius of increased area of effect, but makes the aura itself much deadlier.

Don't have a summoner, but I'm pretty sure that conc. effect only reduces the AoE of Righteous Fire and doesn't give the mult. Could be different with Unrighteous Fire though. Did you test that?
Name: @VanRampage/@VanJones/@VanJay/@VanJoana/@VanBurn
Not really, those were just my thoughts. But if Increased Area of Effect works, then so should Concentrated Effect as they both have the "Support, AoE" tags.
Unirighteous Fire is burning degeneration. That means none of "increased/more damage" other than "burning damage" works on it. Concentrated Effect would reduce AoE range but it wouldn't increase it's damage.

Culling Strike also doesn't work as it's on-hit effect and Unrighteous Fire does not hit.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure but I think that Minion Damage also won't work with it.
Last edited by Scol91 on Apr 14, 2013, 8:24:21 AM
I wish we could get a little love from a dev to answer any of these questions. I've been wondering forever what supports to use with these guys and then if Vulnerability Curse increases the damage Unrighteous fire does...
IGN: aMonsterTruck

Because I'm Based.
URF is the same as RF except the burning damage doesn't apply to the caster (in your case the spectre), hence unrighteous. So it will work with the same supports as RF. You need to increase the life of your spectres to increase their damage. It's pointless to go for 5/6L. Link it with AOE, faster casting, minion life. I would go as far as picking up NA and having a shield with high +life. Vulnerability works, but you would be better debuffing the mobs with Ele weakness + flammabbility. Also since it's a degen, iiq/iir supports won't work.
"
AnnanFay wrote:
[...]Can multiple AoE fields overlap to do more damage? If not then it might be best to only have one.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
[...] Ignite, RF and ground fire do not stack with themselves (only the highest of each takes effect at a time), but do with each other.

Guess that means it's best to only have one or two hanging around then supplement with casters.

It looks like Concentrated Effect and Fire Penetration won't work. Flammability, Elemental Weakness and Vulnerability work.

So far it looks like:
* Raise Spectre
* Minion Life
* Increased Area of Effect
* Increased Burning Damage
* Minion Damage might work?

@dzordzo
I doubt Faster Casting would make much of a difference. Getting a shield with life would be nice. I'm not sure how much damage it would add though, 99 life -> 200-400 damage?
Brutus. Do you even sync?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info