Minion bugs

GT: iHop2School playing on the original Xbox one. First off I Googled animate guardian to check and see if I could equip it with legendarys and log out safely without losing my items. To my surprise my legendarys and rare gear I had equipped to it could not be resummoned apon return, so I lost my gear. He did not die and I did not remove the gem. Also my minions seem to be very slow as far as AI. They won't attack enemies they are literally touching unless I corpse explode right next to the enemy. In the middle of combat as I use corpse explosion to buff they stop fighting whatever it is they are fighting and walk where ever I just blew up some corpses. Idk that might be how it's intended to work but it's frustrating at times, especially in a boss fight. Also when I use Convocation sometimes if I get interrupted mid cast it will bug after that and it won't recall my minions until I change instance. I'd love to get my items back with my guardian but Idk if that will happen please help.

EDIT: Forgot to add that it's extremely hard to resurrect the correct spectre with Desecrate on Xbox.
Last edited by iHop2School_NG on Sep 22, 2017, 12:00:26 PM
Last bumped on Nov 1, 2017, 9:24:24 PM
Hello,

We have some minion pathfinding improvements that will be in the next patch as well as corpse targeting changes that will allow you to select specific corpses for skills such as raise spectre.

Thanks for your report.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

We have some minion pathfinding improvements that will be in the next patch as well as corpse targeting changes that will allow you to select specific corpses for skills such as raise spectre.

Thanks for your report.

Thank you for the response. What about in regards to the Animate Guardian situation?
"
What about in regards to the Animate Guardian situation?

This is how animate guardian works by design.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"

Thanks again Jeff.
Perhaps in the future patch(s) the Animate Guardian skill will save items from log off to log in like on pc? It's pretty useless if I can't save his/her items.

(Wiki states)

" Unlike other minions, a Guardian stays with you even after logging off and on. If you unequip the skill gem, the Guardian disappears until you equip the gem again, at which point the same Guardian (retaining all its equipment) reappears after casting the spell again. "
Last edited by iHop2School_NG on Sep 22, 2017, 11:45:32 AM
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"

So animate guardian will lose all equipped items upon leaving the game/crashing every time, but only on the Xbox version? Seems a bit harsh if you have to fully re-equip it whenever you play.
"
AngryBarry wrote:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"

So animate guardian will lose all equipped items upon leaving the game/crashing every time, but only on the Xbox version? Seems a bit harsh if you have to fully re-equip it whenever you play.

Animate guardian should be functioning the same way as it does on PC. Did I misunderstand that this isn't the case?
I was curious about the OP's point so i tried it myself. Ran an animated guardian, kitted him out, the game crashed during a loading screen & the animated guardian was gone when logging back in, along with all the equipped gear. Had to be resummoned & re-equipped with new stuff. Is the intended function to rebuild him everytime or is this a bug?
Last edited by AngryBarry on Nov 1, 2017, 8:58:14 PM
We just had a look at this internally and it seems to be working fine for us. We were able to log out, un-equip / re-equip the gem, terminate the game / re-launch; In all cases the guardian remained in tact. The only case where it is lost is when the guardian dies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info