Thoughts from a new player

So I played POE for a little more than a month and I have a 86 assassin and 94 chieftain. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoy the game and will probably spend hundreds more hours in it. Here is where I feel the game has room for improvement.

1. Item/currency manipulation. Never have I seen such blatant abuse of the system in the many other mmos I have played (yes I know poe isn't an mmo but in game trading rules still apply somewhat). Add to that the archaic system of a third party website used for trading its just a hassle to find upgrades for gear. I find I spend more time on poetrade than actually playing the game sometimes. I am not advocating for an AH but some sort of player shops like in ragnarok online/rose online/maplestory. I think this is a good compromise between the two camps of players of one sticking with the status quo of poetrade and the other with an AH.

So what happens here is that an area is designated (for instance Oriath prologue) as a free market trading centre. Players can set up shops (everyone has a basic shop pass that can list a certain number of items, more can be purchased via real money) and people can go there and browse through items for sale. For one, this keeps the "interaction" that GGG wants and at the same time cuts outs the whole indexer sniping shenenigans as everyone has a fair shot at finding what they want. These shops can stay up even if you log out so you don't have to stay logged in all the time. Obviously, this will require a huge infrastructure investment on the part of GGG but will be worth it imo.

2. End game enchantments. I have played many korean mmos but never have I seen such an obnoxious grind that is uber lab. Add to the fact that EVERY TIME you get an upgrade, you have to do the lab again makes it insufferable. Suggestion: Either make the enchantment bind to account (for that league) once you get it once or make the mobs in the lab give more exp. Just rushing through the lab to get to the end for the loot/enchants make no sense and only benefits classes with high movement speed.

3. End game mapping. Why is it that if you want to level at 90+ the only logical option is beachhead? I tried doing t15/t16 maps and with modest pack size rolls get anywhere between 1-2% at level 94. Even within the same tier, abyss is so much better than overgrown ruin for example. Not to mention maps are so small that by the time I get into the rhythm of killing stuff the map is finished and only the boss is left. Talking about bosses, there is no reason to kill them from a risk vs reward perspective Either make maps much larger (for more exp and less stoppages) or greatly increase the mob density in these maps.

4. Overreliance on third party software. Right now I have neversink loot filter, poetrademacro script autohotkey and a script that alerts me when someone whispers me for a sale when poe is not my main window. I know WoW has its addons and everything but at least it's all under Curse. why do I have to install so many external programs just to play 1 game.

5. This last one is sort of my personal opinion but I would definitely buy the cosmetic mtx if they were slightly lower priced. I got the stash/essence/diviniation tabs while they were on sale but right now am hesitating on others cause of the other aforementioned points.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 4:57:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info