[Build theory] Chin Sol Crit Slayer Pathfinder 50% block / 75% Phys

Trying to design a bow build for my next character that is a little bit different than the average ranger. Slayer for reflect protection and extra boss damage and Pathfinder for always up flasks since build is over 70% crit chance.

Stats with flasks:
5k+ life with Vaal Pact
19k armor with Iron reflexes
77% phys reduction
70%+ Crit chance on 3 charges
335% Crit Multi
91% Hit Chance
51% block / 22% spell block
4 Frenzy charges
4 Endurance charges (5 if corrupted belt)
3 Power charges

Barrage = 355K DPS against Shaper
Tornado shot = 138K DPS against trash
(all gems were 20/0 in PoB. I'll probably be bored with build before getting them to 20/20)

Summary
The basic idea is to combine the bow damage at close range of Chin Sol with the Point Blank keystone while wearing Empire's Grasp gloves to reverse the knockback direction to maintain the high damage. Just blink arrow to boss and fire away. Rearguard quiver and Inya's are combined to provide block chance and charge generation.

I'll use blood rage to maintain frenzy charges. The staff cluster, melee crit cluster, and half of the mace cluster near Resolute Technique are combined with a Lioneye's Fall jewel to give a bunch of physical damage, crit chance, crit multi, and also block chance and charge generation. Smashing Strikes in that cluster gives 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on crit so we should always be at max charges while Whirling Barrier gives a 10% chance to gain a power charge on block. That's not a large chance since I'll only block half the hits so Orb of Storms / Increased Crit / PCoC will also be used. Inya's Boots provide a 25% chance for either of the power charge sources to give max charges instead of only one.

PoB pastbin link:

https://pastebin.com/kppLug5A

That's basically it. I'll be starting the build tomorrow and would appreciate any advice on gear or passive tree changes that anyone has.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 1:18:02 PM
I guess I should of checked trade prices first. I didn't realize Lioneyes Fall was going for 2ex this league.

Without the staff cluster block chance is only 39%. Don't think that's worth it so dropped Rearguard for Drillneck. Dropped Projectile Weakness curse for Warlord's Mark since I can't get Endurance Charges on crit anymore either.

Here's the reworked tree. Intuitive leap at charges near shadow start.

http://poeurl.com/byYY

With the reworked tree I can still get 355K shaper DPS, over 5k life, hit chance increased to 93%, crit chance increased to 82.5%, and phys reduction is actually up to 81% even with one less endurance charge.

Edit: Apparently there was a bug in PoB regarding projectile damage and distance. After increasing the distance and then resetting it all the damage numbers jumped. Don't think it was calculating Point Blank initially.

620K DPS against shaper with Barrage and 105K Tornado Shot with GMP against trash.

New POB link:
https://pastebin.com/Kg8Lc0wB
Last edited by stoudtlr on Sep 20, 2017, 5:14:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info