Build of the Week: Chin Sol Trapnel Shot

Just a quick comment about the video's Portuguese subtitles:

The person who did that obviously doesn't know anything about subtitling. The translation itself is moderately good, but the lines are too long, which seriously compromises readability. Also, the subtitles don't seem to take into account the viewers' average reading speed, which is around 18 cps, at least in Brazil.

That being sad, keep up the great work with this series. Keep them videos coming! :)
This is why i like PoE. Basically endless options. Shooting traps, which then shoot with arrows :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Marlexyz wrote:
This is why I dont plaay trap or mine builds. Sure you have nice damage, but with no leech and a sketchy hp pool it's just not for me.

And I dont even play HC.

Tinkerskin gives you an instant 100 life and 50 ES when a trap is triggered. When a cluster is triggered that is a big chunk of instant life and ES.

My tinkerskin wearing trapper pretty much never has to use a health pot.

No offense, but maybe this is why you struggle to get to level 90? That pitiful amount of recovery is in no way viable in tougher red tier maps. These days, you need thousands of life recovered per second (thanks mostly to Berserker VP builds), not a filthy 300 life every few seconds while you wait for traps to come off cooldown.

FYI I don't usually level to 90 because I find playing the same build for a long time extremely boring. I really like the level process as my favorite part of the game. When I can't level up in a playing session of a couple hours, I completely lose interest in playing.

My whispering ice char does over a million dps with instant leech and has no problems in any t15 map, so I do in fact know what it's like. I just find it very boring.

Not everyone enjoys the same things with this game. A build that is fun only up to 85 or 90 is far from a failed build for a great many players.
I played chin-sol blast rain assassin in prophecy and really enjoyed it its one of my favourite interactions. Trappers are probably my favourite characters tbh but i'm finding it increasingly difficult to build one out, they are always gimpy on health and the ES nerf has made the old soul-strike +3 bow /dps bow pretty useless too.

The thing i'm scratching my head about in this build of the week though is i'm fairly sure you'd do more damage with blast rain than shrapnel shot on single target anyway (its like 4 x 47.6% vs 99% x 2 when you factor in the jewel), the values are very similar I do think shrapnel pulls ahead but it isn't going to be by a vast margin as its improvements are a slightly better lab enchant + shock potential vs 2 jewel slots and 75% chance of an extra projectile on BR.
140% life. lawlawlawl
Nice build!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I don't see why people are crying here so much.
"not viable" is what i read over and over again.
So the people who write that have a definition of viable for themself of course.
But do you realy think your opinion fits to all playstyles?
Not only is 4k life enough for the most content in the Game if you know how to dodge manualy, which many do not know anymore due to 15k es facetank builds sadly.
Further is the viablility of a build defined by the things you want to do.
If your goal is to reach level 90 and accept a few death's on that way many builds are very viable to you,
Sure if your goal is to kill shaper before he can use any skill which you don't dodge because you either are lazy or bad in the game, which you try to compensate by metagaming and mechanic abusing, your buildspectrum is very limited.
So before you say a build is not viable, try to ask yourself. What might the goal of the build be. And what is your own goal in the game. Then think about the viability of the build for your personal preferences.
But do not just destroy any build that does not fit your requirements to be viable verbaly, because for some people they will be much more then just viable.
Propably the best and funniest build they ever managed to play.
And you are the one that keeps people away from those builds by nonsense and stupid comments that just say: "Not viable"
Thanks!
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539
x d
Last edited by v3ntus95 on May 30, 2020, 10:17:59 PM
This build for clean the endgame sux too much .
"
incredibie wrote:
I don't see why people are crying here so much.
"not viable" is what i read over and over again.
So the people who write that have a definition of viable for themself of course.
But do you realy think your opinion fits to all playstyles?
Not only is 4k life enough for the most content in the Game if you know how to dodge manualy, which many do not know anymore due to 15k es facetank builds sadly.

I've been crit for 4.5k by a rakango in a white T8, 4k health is borderline getting one shot by kitava it is not enough to do the content in the game even more so when you remember that this character has next to no investment in defence and no recovery mechanism.

So anyone who plays HC is going to say its not viable, because it isn't. This isn't some kind of butthurt contest where people get salty that somebody is playing a build they didn't think of its just some builds are not suitable to play the game with and this one is too defensively weak to play without deaths, I also suspect its completely unsuitable for high level play (90-100) as you are going to eat deaths occasionally even if you play it well.

Note im not saying the builds pointless or nobody should play it, you can certainly modify it up too I ran a belly when i played just a blast rain version a few leagues back and just about got to 5.5k but viable gets thrown around like its a dirty word and sometimes it is, but sometimes its absolutely the right one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info