custom or side games for Path of Exile? (off topic and suggestion) ex tower defense

i love Path of Exile but the longer i play it, the less i enjoy it and the less time i spend per session.
so i had this "global" thought, why not make it, does it exist, is it in the works, will you do it in the future or will this post inspire you?

my actual suggestion is:
i would like to see a custom game or a whole new game inspired by the PoE universe, one such example is tower defense.
it's nothing like PoE but as i have played quite a few tower defense games in the past, i have a lot of experience with it and would love to see a game inspired by PoE.
think about it for a sec, PoE has support for a bunch of area coverage and has the actual tower in the form of a totem, hero/exile and minions for momentary towers.

i just thought it would be funny.
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 6:23:37 AM
I'm not sure about this. It would be a huge investment and, like any new investment, would be a risk. Did you see the recepetion Artifact, Valve's new Dota card game, got? The crowd moaned when it was announced, all of their games were review-bombed on Steam...

There are a few developers - Blizzard's likely the most notable - who want you to game exclusively within their ecosystem. They've their own game launcher, none of their games exist in the same genre (read: compete with each other) and they regularly have promotions where you'll get something in Game A if you get 10 wins (or play 10 games, or whatever) in Game B.

I'm not sure whether GGG have the desire or means to persue that. The money you make is determined by both your income and your expenditure - developing a single game helps to keep the costs down which means greater profit. The China launch and console port were economical ways of widening their number of customers without all of the costs and risks associated with developing another game from scratch. It's a trade-off where they've lessened the potential peril of having all of their eggs in one basket, but not completely become immune to it.

At the moment GGG are doing fine, and I don't think they really mind players dropping off and playing Overwatch, PUBG, League of Legends, or whatever until the next challenge league comes out. Their (normally...) regular schedule of a challenge league every three months means people know when to come back to check out the new content, and with the large prices of supporter packs, people are likely sufficiently invested into the game to be unlikely to forget about it.

Maybe one day. Don't expect it this year or the next.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
A spore/ dungeon siege hybrid like game would be pretty cool. Especially if you could import your creations into poe.

You design creatures and dungeons and gain random 'blood' and 'bones' (the equivalence of poe currency) from a steady supply of exiles (read: fresh meat). The blood and bones can be combined in different ways on different body parts to gain skills/ ai.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Golemmancer. A mech like game except with golems instead of giant machines. You create and constantly upgrade a golem which you pilot from the inside. You can free prisoners or promote some banner to gain troops that help you out as you destroy D&D monsters and zombie hordes. Lots and lots of various customization to optimize. Several different 'mana' like resources to limit you from just using the absolute best of abilties/ upgrades/ spells/ etc.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
Sarno wrote:
Artifact, Valve's new Dota card game, got? The crowd moaned when it was announced, all of their games were review-bombed on Steam...

And no, that is not true, as a player with 10y+ game experience and same of couple of my irl friends can tell that we were just hyped about 'artifact'(let's say hearthstone doesnt exist), why should it gotten any shit or stuff? games got review-bombed because of the half-life 3 fiasco.
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
"
And no, that is not true, as a player with 10y+ game experience and same of couple of my irl friends can tell that we were just hyped about 'artifact'

Here's a link to the teaser trailer on the game's official YouTube channel. 4,000 people liked it. 64,000 people disliked it. I'd call that a little unpopular (apparently you disagree?).

Here's a link to the reaction of the audience where the announcement happened. Not exactly a standing ovation - you can hear a lot of people moaning and even a few boos.

As someone on Linux, I'm excited that Valve are releasing a new game as they've an excellent track record of porting their games to Linux & MacOS. So I believe you when you say that you and your friends are excited about the game. I'm just not sure how that disproves what I said.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info