The Tempest's Rippling Flow - Hybrid build utilising new Harbinger Uniques

This thread is still incomplete. I will expand it over time. All of the gear, gems and passives are subject to change as I'm always thinking about new ways to enhance the build.

Hello,

this build is all about using some of the new Harbinger Uniques and trying to do something different and thinking a bit out of the box.

I embarked on a journey to create a build that is as hybrid as I can make it. This includes relying on Life Regeneration, using Auras, summoning Golems, dealing both physical and elemental damage, using attacks and spells at the same time, being mobile when it's needed and having to stand still to fight, etc. I think the flow of the gameplay will be explained most easily when I finally record some mapping and other stuff. It will follow. I promise. ;-)

Skill setup:
Blade Flurry - Cast while Channeling - Glacial Cascade - Conc Effect - Innervate - Ice Bite
Storm Cascade - Conc Effect - Added Fire Damage - Controlled Destruction
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blind
Summon Stone Golem
Enduring Cry
Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Grace
Blasphemy - Elemental Weakness

Ascendancies:
Necromancer and Inquisitor

Bandits:
Help Eramir = Kill all for 2 Passive Points

Passive Tree:

Gear
Spoiler

Thoughts about improvements/changes for the build
- Rework Flask setup
- Think about some nice Amulets/Rings to use. The one selfcrafted Elreon ring I'm using will not change but the other slot is still subject to change (Berek's Grip at the moment). I've been leveling until 78 with Thief's Torment - great thing but not really endgame worthy. Bisco's is just nice to have and since I'm having absolutely no problems in T10 maps so far, I'd say it's very unlikely that I'm going to change it.
- Can I somehow profit from two curses? Could reach the second curse nodes with 5 Passive points. Would need to think of creative ways to apply second curse. Possibility: Use Essence Worm for Grace, put in Blasphemy + Ele Weakness + 2nd Curse in Shield and reserve all mana except for 2 %. I barely need mana to cast my main skill. Maybe it's a problem to recast the Golem but it can be set up with a CWDT as well.

--- last updated 07.09.2017 ---
IGN: Laubblaeser
Last edited by Laubblaeser on Sep 6, 2017, 10:18:35 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2017, 10:08:56 PM
Build Diary

Spoiler

Started the build thread in Forum. Added a lot of random stuff, thoughts, gear, passive tree, wall of text, rainbows and fluffy things.

Finished Merciless and Eternal Labyrinth today at level 79 with the above linked gear (yes, with Bisco's). It was a full success, only needed one try for each Lab. :-)

Spoiler

Added a few Jewels today and switched out a bit in the passive tree. Switched out Assassin's Mark for Elemental Weakness since Elemental Overload is always triggered when running maps (this is mainly because of the Inquisitor crit chance). Switched out "The Flow Untethered" for the "Belt of the Deceiver" for now. Could not think of a better belt because it provides such a nice set of utilities.

Sitting at reistances way above the 100s now and have a life pool of about ~5200. Still using Stone Golem for Life Regen, but completely scratched the idea of using golems in the build. It just didn't feel like it accompanies the playstyle very well.

Tried out Charged Dash for a bit instead of Blade Flurry. It's a very interesting skill and could be useable indeed. The main problem I have with it is its aiming: you aim at a certain direction and in combination with GC it does work out nicely for everything in front of you but you can't change the direction freely while channeling, like it is the case with Blade Flurry. This takes away a whole lot of versatility, spontaneous defending abilities and movement possibility. Sounds weird and counterintuitive for a movement skill, but you can't change the direction of your Charged Dash once you start channeling, meaning that you are "locked in" and can't react to new dangers arising on the battlefield. For now I'm not using Charged Dash anymore, although it's a nice skill, but maybe will come back to it at a later point.

In other news: I had the luck to six-link my Atziri's Splendour today - which means I have the freedom to think of a whole new composition for my attack skills/spells. The helmet combination (Blade Flurry - Cast while Channeling - Glacial Cascade) works great for mapping in general and can clear maps pretty quickly. The actual "problems" appear in the boss fights, meaning the build lacks some kind of single target damage.
This is what the chest will be for and i'm hoping to find a nice combination. Most likely has to be a Cast while Channeling combination again because of the easier sustainability of my mana pool. (Elreon's rings are just simply the best!) Also the single target skill preferrably has to deal elemental damage and should have the AoE tag for maximum damage scaling from my passive nodes.

--- Updated main post with current gear and skill tree ---
IGN: Laubblaeser
Last edited by Laubblaeser on Sep 6, 2017, 10:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info