Advice/Help with build: Life Leech Two Handed Sword Cyclone

Hey there! Been a while and have recently got back into POE, as you probably know the skill progression tree amongst other things have changed drastically.

My idea was to build something similar to Minsc wielding the Cursed Two-Handed Sword of Berserking, I was thinking of using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Edge_of_Madness

Here> www.poeurl.com/bwMZ

Planner> www.poeurl.com/bwMX

Any advice on items/tweaks to skill tree is appreciated,

Cheers!
Last edited by Ankou_Lost on Sep 3, 2017, 4:00:33 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 3:35:04 PM
With all due respect, there are issues with the tree. I'm not an expert, but this is the tree that I'd suggest.

The new tree

Definite improvements over your tree
More life (you have 110% increased maximum life from tree, whereas my suggested tree has 210%, which might still be a little low for some people's tastes)
Less elemental resistances (get it from gear, not your tree)
No Soul of Steel (endurance charges + Unbreakable is plenty of physical damage reduction)

Possible improvements over your tree
No leech nodes in Duelist (you need Warlord's Mark to reliably and comfortably sustain endurance charges, in my limited experience, and that takes care of those needs for you)
Resolute Technique (definitely saves you a headache. Undeniable isn't really worth it over Unbreakable or Unstoppable in my opinion. And it's a pretty big DPS boost up through yellow maps. I'm only saying this is a possible improvement because I think that with endgame gear crit might be better)
Bleed nodes (I'm pretty sure this is the right decision - with Sunder, Crimson Dance takes you from 40k bleed DPS to 160k, which is pretty amazing; even if you only get half as much bleed DPS from Cyclone, it would work out to a 60k DPS boost - but because I'm not completely certain I'll include it here)

Modifications to my suggested tree that you may want to make, if you have your heart set on speccing for leech without going Slayer
This tree trades out bleed nodes for leech nodes. You're losing out on a lot of bleed DPS, but your leech/second cap will go from 20% of your maximum life to 33% of your maximum life.

The full build

I can't access Path of Building (current download here) at the moment so I can't modify my build into the one that I'm suggesting for you. So I'll just link my build and allow you to make the necessary changes (Tree: adjust passive tree to what I suggested above; Skills: change Sunder to Cyclone; Items: change axe to sword) yourself. To do this, open up a blank build in Path of Building, go to the Import/Export tab, and input this Pastebin link. If you need help using Path of Building, check out some YouTube videos.

Leveling tips

Leveling tips - Acts
At Level 44, trade for a Rigwald's Charge. (poe.trade is a great resource which you effectively need in order to play the game through yellow maps - there's a reason most people don't play Solo Self-Found - so you should get at least a little familiar with it.) Pick up Blasphemy and Warlord's Mark from Siosa, and equip them when you get the chance. If you're running into DEX/INT issues, don't be afraid to drop a passive point into Expertise/Ancestral Knowledge. At Act 8 or so, trade for boots with 25% movement speed, life, and resistances; rings with life and resistances; a helmet with life and resistances; gloves with life; and an amulet with life. At Level 66, trade for a Kondo's Pride.

Leveling tips - The Labyrinth
Speaking candidly from one scrub to another, you should be able to comfortably tackle Normal Labyrinth by Level 45, Cruel Labyrinth by Level 65, and Merciless Labyrinth by Level 80. Uber Labyrinth is kind of brutal so don't be afraid to hop into a global chat and ask for someone to "carry" you (remember to offer to tip 5-10 Chaos Orbs). For your Ascendancy Passives, take Unflinching -> Unrelenting -> Unbreakable -> Unstoppable.

Leveling tips - White and yellow maps
When you beat Act 10, trade for a 5-linked rare Glorious Plate with life and resistances. Then respec your passive tree so that you have ~4.5k life. (If reshuffling passive points isn't enough to push you up to ~4.5k life, trade for some item upgrades with more +maximum life on them until you get close). As you level during maps, continue filling in the build's life nodes until you have them all, then go back to picking whichever nodes you want next. Once you start mapping, buy the maps that you can't find yourself on poe.trade. It'll save you a fair bit of trouble.

I'll again stress that I'm not an expert and that I'm sure that someone more experienced could give better advice. But just in case no one else replies with an in-depth answer (and no offense but judging by the tree that you made, I believe that you need such a response) I wanted to provide you with a blueprint that would carry you up through yellow maps with minimal hair-pulling. If you have any further questions, let me know :)
Last edited by OtterTot on Sep 4, 2017, 12:14:51 AM
Cheers pal, Ill look into the info you have provided, Path of building is pretty damn useful.

Twas watching Kripparian that gave me the idea of raising elemental resist (I'm not fond of the idea of wasting too many precious living hours grinding for the perfect loot ;D) I he suggested its a good way to not have to rely in said loot, although he is playing an older patch so im unsure.
Looking at the overall setup it seems much more effective than what I had planned. I may keep hold of Unwavering Stance until I hit ascendancy (damn stuns).

Couple questions; How do pots handle vs leech in the later game? Im new to socketed Jewels in passive tree what would you recommend? I have a Carrion Vessel, Viridian Jewel currently in my stash, is that upto snuff?.

Thanks for the well constructed and concise advice.
Kudos!
Last edited by Ankou_Lost on Sep 5, 2017, 7:24:33 PM
0. (I'm not fond of the idea of wasting too many precious living hours grinding for the perfect loot ;D)
In this game most people buy 95% of their gear at http://poe.trade/
It is assisted by ggg and everything.

1. How do pots handle vs leech in the later game?
What do you mean? In lategame people use pots and people use leech...

2. Im new to socketed Jewels in passive tree what would you recommend?
It is always possible to buy jewels with 3 damage stats that benefit your character for a very cheap price. If you want 4 damagestats or life and 2 damage stats it gets expensive.
Those 3 damage stats are usually better then your average 2 points in the tree, so you should always skill 2 point jewels sockets later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info