This build although great damage just did not have enough sustain, level 89 T14 maps I died in SSF, even after all you can eat currency on standard this build just can not do any content higher than T15. I consider this a failure, sorry to every one who attempted to make the build.

I will keep the build here for reference and if I ever come back to this build in future and attempt to improve it.

Spoiler

*Still a WiP so Leveling guide, unique item upgrades, FAQ's etc. are not here.
This massage will be removed when the build guide is finished

IMPORTANT: If you have questions, please ask them here in this thread I will not be answering build related questions in game

Welcome: To my explosive arrow build, this build was made for and is currently being played in Solo Self Found, Harbinger Hardcore. My ambition for this build was to crate a powerful, safe, effective and most importantly Zero budget mapper.

This build is made for the newer players that want a powerful and cheap build but don't want to have to get close and personal with path of exiles deeper mechanics them self's, or the more experienced players to use for a SSF.

Pros
  • High clear speed - High damage, AoE from Elementalist
  • Fun - Feels so satisfying to shoot and watch as the mobs left in your dust melt away
  • Cheap - Tree and gem level scaling mean you can start without any items
  • SSF - No uniques are build defining just beneficial
  • Layered defenses - MoM, Flasks, high life and evasion gear make an astonishing combo

Cons
  • No real endgame upgrades - except from a few uniques once gems hit level 21 and 20% little more can be done for more damage
  • Quill rain - without this weapon quality of life if non existent (Quill rain is super cheap so this will only effect SSF)

*Reflect still needs to be tested, at the moment in T7-8 maps reflect rares do not seam to be an issue

Achievements
*Playing in SSF so don't expect speedy process, even if the build can do endgame bosses I need to get them first

Skill tree and leveling guide
Leveling guide
*Work in progress

Gems and links
Gem links are in order of importance

6-link in Bow:
  • Explosive Arrow
  • Greater Multiple Projectiles (Swap to Swift Affliction for boss with out adds)
  • Deadly Aliments
  • Elemental Damage with Attacks
  • Burning Damage
  • Unbound Ailments

4-link #1
  • Clarity
  • Blasphemy
  • Flammability
  • Vulnerability (If you have Witch fire Brew swap for golem of choice, I recommend Summon Chaos Golem)

4-link #2 (Can be two, two links 2-G 2-R)
  • Summon Flame Golem
  • Rallying Cry
  • Blink Arrow
  • Faster Attacks

4-link #3
  • Cast when Damage Taken (Lv14)
  • Increased Duration (Lv20)
  • Molten Shell (Lv18)
  • Decoy Totem (Lv20) or if you have endurance charge generation use: Immortal Call(Lv17)

*You can get endurance change generation by sacrificing rallying cry for enduring cry, or you can horde all of the currency and buy then fit a "The Red Dream" Jewel

Equipment

Quill Rain is the perfect and only weapon you will ever want, it is a massive Quality of life

The Bases for rares at endgame will want to be evasion. However because of 4-link off colors needed I recommend to use one evasion base, one armour base, one energy shield base until you want to burn currency to get all of the off colors.

My SSF HC character example gear

In order of importance, mods for Quiver, Boots, Gloves, Helmets and Chest:
  • Life
  • Resistances
  • Increased Evasion
  • Flat Evasion
  • Dexterity

In order of importance, mods for Accessories:
  • Dexterity/Strength until above requirements (you will need total 155 Dexterity and Strength)
  • Life
  • Resistances
  • Flat Evasion
  • Increased Fire Damage
  • Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

There are a few unique items that benefit this build:
*Note the Heretic's Veil is is an amazing item if you want to keep dual curse during long boss fights and frees up a utility flask. Witch fire brew + Heretic's Veils is only viable if you get a 3rd curse other wise it is a waste, if you do I recommend enfeeble or elemental weakness.

Videos
*SSF is slow give time for any high tier maps and difficult bosses/maps

Foot note:
I am Dyslexic so forgive any grammatical and spelling errors, PoE form's spell check can only do so much.

If I have misunderstood some machines or missed some out that would give a boost to the build don't hesitate to mention, similarly if you have any suggestions like item upgrades, better gem links and skill tree optimizations fell free to post them below.
Last edited by Parietic on Sep 5, 2017, 3:13:03 PM
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2017, 5:04:16 AM
Reserved for future
Your choice of gif alone has inspired me, but I have 2 questions

1) Why Rallying Cry?
2) Why is your CWDT+IC much higher than what I typically see on builds? Or is this an HC thing and I can safely ignore it on SC
"
ultimaavalon wrote:
Your choice of gif alone has inspired me, but I have 2 questions

1) Why Rallying Cry?
2) Why is your CWDT+IC much higher than what I typically see on builds? Or is this an HC thing and I can safely ignore it on SC

1)The play style and MoM benefit a lot from Rallying cry, you fire one or two shots into a pack of mobs and before the fuses explodes you use the cry. This gives the explosions a decent amount of increased damage as well as some mana regen to help sustain Quill rain's insane attack speed and some damage taken as mana.

2)The CWDT is personal preference I have found (by trial and error) that for me at lest, having 50%-40% of your current life is a good trade of for the incensed deference Molten shell gives at higher levels. I have died too many times in HC to CWDT being on internal cooldown and triggering when I need it.

You can probably ignore this on SC when approaching 4.5k and above life with some decent evasion gear.

I am still messing around with links and options, thinking of having a decoy totem rather than IC, with out Enduring cry endurance charge generation, IC is not really doing much (A 'The Red Nightmare' jewel would be a perfect for this build but SSF I have zero chance of getting it)
Hi do Belly of the beast could be good too ? And i know you said you are in HHC so your progression is slow but do you run map ? If yes can you say the tier i don't care if it's tier 1 or 2 just to have an idea ^^
What do you think about:
1. Up EE and buy ring 2-6 cold damage
2. 40% increased Explosive Arrow Damage
"
BloodLab wrote:
Hi do Belly of the beast could be good too ? And i know you said you are in HHC so your progression is slow but do you run map ? If yes can you say the tier i don't care if it's tier 1 or 2 just to have an idea ^^

Yes Belly of the beast would be a very good budget option for chest piece over Kaoms, how ever if you are interested in SSF (or just saving currency) you would want to skip Belly of the beast and farm the Kaoms Div card.

I am away from my gaming PC right now, but in two days or so I can record a T9 at some point

"
NovaUp wrote:
What do you think about:
1. Up EE and buy ring 2-6 cold damage
2. 40% increased Explosive Arrow Damage

Thank you, I did not think about this, and sounds like it should work. I will test in game and add to the guide when I get the time.
I do not recommend EE for Explosive Arrow, at least for AoE.

EE its only effective on single target, overall is better to play without EE, each explosion is calculated separately so only the first one get the benefit from EE

PD: Playing this build on HC right now, seems interesting, let's see if work even with the nerfs
Good job :)
How much dps do you have on the spell explosive arrow with poe ?(the dps show by poe)
because i have 38,4 so i want to know if it's good or not ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info