[3.0] Witch - Elementalist [Freezing Pulse]

Hi, can somebody maybe help me with my hero, cuz i only deal around 180k damage after charges, flasks, golems and I'm dying to every boss above t8 maps. How can I improve my gear? Or what changes should I do with my passive tree.

My current gear:

My flasks:

Last edited by geppetko on Sep 23, 2017, 7:52:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 7:52:51 AM
So, there are a very fairly easy things you can do. First thing is the determine what kind of budget you're on. "Not very expensive" is a pretty vague term. Not very expensive can be just a few chaos to some and to some seasoned people, "not very expensive" could be hundreds of chaos/exalts.

Secondly, your gem set up needs a little work and based on your use of reduced mana, so does your sustainability. 37k damage with power charges isn't that bad on what is effectively, a 3 link. I would first work of replacing power charge on crit and reduced mana.

Replacing power charge on crit is easy. I would suggest getting a 4 blue set up on your gloves, as those will probably be your biggest upgrade (get ES or ES/EV base gloves for this). I would do Orb of storms, PCoC, Arcane surge, Increased critical strikes. This will give you power charges on demand.

Next, getting rid of reduced mana. Since you have mana nodes and, I'm assuming your are solely relying on mana regen. What I would do instead is us a blasphemy/warlords mark setup. This will give you life leech and mana leech for your freeze pulse. It won't be so great at a distance, but will work good enough to keep those things up. This would require you to drop determination, which was probably not that helpful.

Next, ice bite isn't a great option if you don't have a high number of frenzy charges. What I think you should do is run freezing pulse, controlled destruction, added cold damage, spell echo, then maybe crit strikes/cold pen. This will leave you with a 3/4 blue 2/1 green chest depending on how you wanna play. You would probably be better off buying a new one for 4-5-6 chaos.

Using that set up, or something similar, will probably allow you to drop mana nodes and invest in more life or damage. Also, I would invest in a spell dagger with spell damage, spell crit, crit multi if not too expensive.. I would also drop determination and un link herald of ice and ice bite.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by mustash on Aug 31, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
I can spend 10-20c on my build. I've got from determination 1.5k armour more. About daggers I've got
do you think it's ok or should I invest for new. I've update my gloves but do I need freezing pulse on them? And what about my passive tree? And should I run double weapon or weapon with shield? Should I use different flasks?
Last edited by geppetko on Aug 31, 2017, 11:04:54 AM
Last edited by geppetko on Aug 31, 2017, 10:57:44 AM
Sorry for the delay in my reply. I was at work when I replied yesterday.

So, the ideal dagger you would be looking for would be spell damage, spell crit, spell multi, added cold to spells and then maybe attack speed (for a movement skill like shield charge). This will most likely be your most expensive piece next to your end game chest armor.

The thing about crit is, unless you have a very fast casting time (4-5 casts per second I would say it fair) or something that hits multiple times, you either have to fully invest in it or it may not be worth it. 20% crit is hardly worth the point and gear investment if that is going to be your max. Also, elementalist isn't the best for a crit type build. If I were to attempt something like your build, I would make it an inquisitor for the 100% pen on crit. I'm not saying that what you have isn't salvageable, but maybe freeze pulse isn't the way to go.

If we were solely talking about making the best out of what you have, some gear could get expensive. I would aim for about 45% crit on freeze pulse while using a diamond flask.

As for immediate upgrades, I wouldn't focus on crit until you have a little more of a budget. I would say first, get your chest to the right colors. I would suggest getting an energy shield chest OR evasion energy shield chest. There may be some changes you can make to your tree to help your damage/life.

I would go freeze pulse, spell echo, added cold, controlled destruction, cold pen. Once you get more to a more reasonable crit level, I would go freeze pulse, spell echo, crit damage, increased critical strikes, cold pen, and then maybe controlled destruction or added cold as your 6th link. I haven't crunched any numbers on that, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Since your life is probably low, I would stick with a shield. You can get most of the same damage modifiers on a shield that you can get on your weapon. Keep your freeze pulse on your chest with most of the available links.

If you continue to have questions, you can PM me if you want.
I've send u message.
I want to 5l this chest but I don't know if it's worth it.
I think the biggest problem this build will face currently is that you will eventually get to the point where you clear trash mob packs fine, but boss killing will feel terrible.

You have to make some decisions:
How are you going to sustain in boss fights.
vs.
Skipping map bosses entirely.

You just won't freeze them often enough to not take most of their damage, and I don't see a reliable method to sustain.

you could try this as you gem links setup, assuming bbggr:

freezing pulse + controlled destruction + hypothermia/ice bite/cold pen = life leech.

I suggest this over running Warlord's Mark on a blasphemy because running curses on an Orb of Storms, Herald, or cast when damage taken is just so significantly better.

--
I can think of zero reason to have ice nova in this build.

A larger issue is that your skill tree only has 107% increased life. That's *really bad*. You also didn't pick up Mind over Matter to offset this. We can't tell what jewels you have socketed, but I don't think they will help specifically. Going down to Scion for True Strike and the Scion spell damage nodes is inefficient pathing. What I mean by that is you're spending 6 or 7 points to acquire a 6% damage node. You had possibilities for 2 point pathing for 12% and 14% damage nodes, for example.

Elemental Focus
Snowforged
Storm Weaver
Doom Cast
Arcane Potency
Whispers of Doom
Celestial Judgement / Punishment

Are all nodes you can consider for more efficient pathing in general. Just also please remember that you need to increase your total HP pool.

Start from there, and if you feel like it, add some uniques to help the build get a small 'oomph' in power that might help. I would start by suggesting perhaps a Marylene's Fallacy, (for early level junk 70-80) and perhaps more fun things such as halcyon's later.

poe.trade link, currently selling for 1 fusing.

Oh, and what you've done with your ascendancies kind of defeats the purpose of ascendancies. You have completed up to merc lab, and admanatly refused to take more than 1 significant ascendant trait. I've never seen anyone do that.
Liege of the Primordal, Mastermind of Discord, and Paragon of Calamity are all powerful and great ascendancies. For the life of me I cannot imagine a situation where I would want only the travel nodes instead of them. Dual golems, 50% reflect immunity, and 25% damage pen are amazing.

You have some work to do. I recommend Path of Building. You can import your character and chart out changes in a savable format, and see the impact of gear changes etc. before having to buy them.

Cheers

Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Sep 9, 2017, 12:54:43 PM
Hi, I've updated that ice nova for Orb of storms. My jewels are:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info