[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

I made some vids (including a Chimera maps with desecrated ground + Poison on hit and without life pots), but it seems to be a conversion problem when I upload them on Youtube.

The uber lab one is OK after 1 minute, so I cut the first minute and let it online. I'm gonna see tonight how I can resolve this problem.

EDIT: Seems like the format I use to record isn't supported very well, I'll record new vids into another format to see if it changes anything
Last edited by mayo on Aug 30, 2017, 5:11:25 AM
Added a video of chimera kill : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWfkpSoyt3E
I'm testing this build in HC
I'm level 65 so far without the Great Old Shield and Abyssus and I'm having a lot of fun.

For HC tho, I'm thinking about taking Soul of Steel and Indomitable!
Hey there, I'm following this guide for my first league starter and was wondering if this build would just as good with the bringer of rain instead of the abyssus. What are your thoughts?
"
Cordagoth wrote:
Hey there, I'm following this guide for my first league starter and was wondering if this build would just as good with the bringer of rain instead of the abyssus. What are your thoughts?

BoR isnt a good choice for this build due to the amount of uniques suggested by OP.

I played several BoR builds and the problem is the lack of resistance. When you look @ the OP's "Final gear" you'll see that the amount of resistance on his chest is 132%, which you would need to compare with other items. This is neatly unachievable without tons of currency, because there are only 4 rare pieces left:
- Boots
- 2 * Rings
- Amulet

At the beginning you could start with a BoR, but you would need to drop the shield or belt to get another rare with Tri-Res.
Last edited by coryu on Sep 2, 2017, 2:25:04 PM
nice build , :-) please master panteon :-)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020878493/
"
coryu wrote:
"
Cordagoth wrote:

BoR isnt a good choice for this build due to the amount of uniques suggested by OP.

I played several BoR builds and the problem is the lack of resistance. When you look @ the OP's "Final gear" you'll see that the amount of resistance on his chest is 132%, which you would need to compare with other items. This is neatly unachievable without tons of currency, because there are only 4 rare pieces left:
- Boots
- 2 * Rings
- Amulet

At the beginning you could start with a BoR, but you would need to drop the shield or belt to get another rare with Tri-Res.

Yep, as he said, BoR would be hard to use here, since you will lack resists. And Abyssus is a big DPS boost. Maybe you can still try it and use a rare shield with % attack/physical damage & flat physical dmaage & life & 3 resists

"
KAISERpl wrote:
nice build , :-) please master panteon :-)

Actually I'm using Soul of Solaris & Soul of Tukohama. That's the best duo for this build in my opinion. I'm only switching for Uber Atziri, I use Soul of Lunaris & Soul of Gruthkul

I was on vacation so I couldn't post any videos. I'll try to post some on the next 24 hours.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 3, 2017, 4:21:12 PM
Just added a Shaper video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enCK-9Z1UY

I died twice, 2 stupid deaths, it's only my fourth shaper kill all time so I lack a bit of practice :p
Question,

My resistances once I got into act 6 were total crap. So I took the +15 all resist and the +12 resist to each of the elements.

I also did this because in order to get some of the gear you have e.g. boots I'm looking at around 100 - 200 chaos given the roll on them (need to save that for my 6l chest).

So I figure I can always spec out of those items later if resistance isn't an issue but if it is I'm sure I can save 4 points somewhere.

My question is, has anyone considered using a unique 6L for this build, I was looking at Belly of the Beast, which provides 15 all resist, which I think would be viable when taking those points noted above.

Last edited by Alzaraz on Sep 6, 2017, 5:48:28 AM
"
Alzaraz wrote:
Question,

My resistances once I got into act 6 were total crap. So I took the +15 all resist and the +12 resist to each of the elements.

I also did this because in order to get some of the gear you have e.g. boots I'm looking at around 100 - 200 chaos given the roll on them (need to save that for my 6l chest).

So I figure I can always spec out of those items later if resistance isn't an issue but if it is I'm sure I can save 4 points somewhere.

My question is, has anyone considered using a unique 6L for this build, I was looking at Belly of the Beast, which provides 15 all resist, which I think would be viable when taking those points noted above.

Yep, Belly is a fine option.
There are soe good resists nodes reachable on this tree if you struggle with resists (I had them until reaching my final gear) : Diamond Skin (15% all res in 1 point) & Cloth and chain (36% armor/eva + 15% all res in 2 points).
If it's not enough, just take some Jewel with 10% all res (We got 2 jewels slots, so thats 20% more all resists), and take the node near Barbarism I didn't take. But forget about the 12% nodes of each element, they are crap imo.

With that you will have 56% all resists on the tree alone + 24% from the endurance charges and you need to get 169% in total (for overcap). If we count 56% from tree + 24 from charges + 30% from boots + 15% from belly, we already have 125% all res without the rings and amulet. So you should manage to find some pretty nice rings/amulet with low resists needed on it.

I did not use a belly because I bought a already 6 linked chests which I rolled with chaos to get a fast 6 link chest (way cheaper than buying a 6L belly or trying to 6L one), and because I tried to get some chaos resist to be able to tank maps like Chayula and Overgrown Ruin without problem. I actually got -6% chaos resistance because I got jewels with %life + %chaos resist and an amulet with 28% chaos resist. With the pantheon node which give 25% resist against chaos damage over time, I'm able to do those maps without problem due to my high regen. It would be harder to reach this chaos resist without a high resists chest, so I chose not to use a Belly even when I had the money to buy one.

Still, the chaos resist isn't needed in 95% of the game content, so Belly is a nice choice, and with really really nice rings/amulet, you can still get some chaos resist even with a Belly on you.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 6, 2017, 9:03:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info