Tomorrows the day, release on console. Help me?

Is there any specific guide to help a new player out with PoE?
Im a Diablo 1 - 2 - 3 veteran, played Titan Quest, but "quite" new to PoE.

What kind of mistakes are easily made, and what mistakes should be avoided at all cost?
Do gem choices early on matter ALOT or not so much?

is it weird that i am somehow afraid to pick up passives in the tree? lol.

What is the easiest way to think about a build?
I mean i can play the game up to max level, but i will probably make a ton of mistakes?

Are there any good guides out there, that are anno 2017?
I saw the builder stuff, but it links to offline programs rather then online planners.

Any help is appreciated :)

Regards

PS:
I am considering to go Chieftain, because it sounds cool to do something with fire.
XBOX ONE: Zh4nk0u
Member of the [DOM] community.
Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 2:38:40 PM
Nobody?
XBOX ONE: Zh4nk0u
Member of the [DOM] community.
I'll help you out lmao. I wouldn't be afraid to pickup passives, because you can always respec your tree with orb of regrets and as you finish the storyline, you will receive free respec points. Also, you can always make another char.

As for which passives you should take, you need to pick a skill that you enjoy and want to play with first. For example, if you wanted to play Freezing Pulse (cold, spell, projectile skill), then you would pick up passives that influence it (IE: cold % damage, proj % damage, cast speed) as well as your basic survivability passives. Pick Life or ES as a defense mechanic(I recommend life), then take %life nodes. There are more advanced mechanics in the tree, such as elemental equilibrium, resolute techniques, vaal pact (all of which are termed Keystones), and these passives usually have a significant impact on your play style

For now, I would go through PoE forums and look at some builds people have already created to get an idea of what you should be aiming for.

This is a random build I found on the forums for the skill "Sunder" which has always been very strong. It's for the Juggernaut class, but can also be ran for a few other classes.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1965844

And this is the passive tree, which can also be found in that thread
www.poeurl.com/btG6

I think the worst mistakes you can make is going glasscannon and only picking up damage passives. This game's difficulty ramps up in the endgame and you'll find yourself dying a lot. But you probably won't have this problem if you're looking at any of the Marauder classes. Play around with gem setups and have fun
"Engineering Eternity" on youtube.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"Engineering Eternity" on youtube.

Pretty much this. Here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe
Last edited by CaptainCortez on Aug 23, 2017, 2:39:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info