Interesting character builds.

Hey guys, first thigs first I know there's a class build section on the forum, but my question doesn't go for any specific one class and there is no general class thread as far as I see, so I wasn't sure where to put it, hence its here. Hopefully its not a problem.

A short background story, I've used to play the game back in closed beta, with the amazingly fun summoner witch, unfortunately after some... ekh, questionable (for a lack of more diplomatic term that wouldn't get me banned for a flood of faul languange) changes, the class has ceased to be as enjoyable. I've came back few years later to play some more but once again, failed to find and trully fun classes.

So now that one of my friends started to play I considered coming back again and was wondering, could someone suggest any kind of unussual/interesting character builds? Class doesn't matter it doesn't have to be competetive either, just something for fun. I sadly don't have the time to do any extensive testing on my own. Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 4:32:23 PM
What do you consider fun? Because everyone has different thoughts about it.

One league, I ran a dual wield cleave gladiator so I could watch the whole screen explode in gore. I thought it was hilarious and fun. I think most people would call that build tedious, though.
Oh yeah sorry, for me that would mean using some cool combinations of spells/skills or some nice unique weapons, I don't mind grinding for those, back in the day I was looking for a sensible chaos build but couldn't find one.

Basically something that doesn't involve just running from dude to dude to repeatedly slash them in the face or using a single skill 24/7. I remember there was a barbarian(?) build wich relied solely on spin wich I thought was extremely tedious. Something that is unlike you standard charadcter archetypes would be awesome, but I understand that's unlikely.

The old witch was so fun because you could really rise an army of the dead, and feel powerfull despite your character herself being really feeble, she was the best necromancer since Diablo 2.
well you still can build pretty awesome necros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRe3Bf4fx4

try that one

also try something goofy like mines

of if you want to go chaos try the new dark pact skill
I dont see any any key!
You should probably try a null's incarnation build if you like minion builds and you can add a lot of twist to it with different uniques, for example the helmet that makes minions only able to kill ignited stuff, essentially guaranteeing you the lasthit with the bow etc.

Look around a bit read unique passives and think about a build you would consider fun.
There is a rather new summoner item in the game, "The baron". It gives your minions the same amount of strength you have, gives you 1 additional zombie per 200 strength and your zombies leech life to you if you have at least 1000 strength. It was rather popular last league.

As for chaos builds, there are tons of them these days.

Also, with the perandus unique "Umbilicus immortalis", the "Minion instability" keystone and the unique flask "Coruscating Elixir" you can instantly detonate your zombies for burst damage if needed.

In general, 3.0 changed a lot and except for the well and truly broken dark pact berserker the meta isn't really set in stone yet. Just browse the wiki for cool uniques and make a build around one. More or less anything can be made to work now. Well then, if you would excuse me, I have to create a flame dash totem templar.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
But how many summons can you get? Back in the the CB I think you could pull of about 40-50 at once, then after changes it was all about getting those Specthre's, from as strong enemies as possible and babysitting them, wich I hated and wich seems to be the case in the build from the video.

The bow does look pretty cool, but again I'm not really leaning that much towards a summoner build, as from what I've seen over the last couple of years checking the game's media every now and then, I can't really see it being anywhere near as fun as it was.

The Baron does look like a dream item, but again a summoner in me died years ago.

I considered just going with whatever, but Im'm afraid I'll just sink hours into a character that will turn out too weak later on. How does the situation with skill point respec look theses days? Honestly I can't even remember how it worked back then.
Last edited by GetsugaDante on Aug 17, 2017, 1:31:11 PM
I just remembered something, are there any viable Mjolner builds around now? That was pretty fun last time I've played.

If not mayby other builds made around some awesome waeapons? some scythes posibly.;) (I have a weak spot for those)
Last edited by GetsugaDante on Aug 17, 2017, 4:19:10 PM
"
GetsugaDante wrote:
I just remembered something, are there any viable Mjolner builds around now? That was pretty fun last time I've played.

If not mayby other builds made around some awesome waeapons? some scythes posibly.;) (I have a weak spot for those)

Mjolner got nerfed into the ground
I dont see any any key!
"
GetsugaDante wrote:

Hand of Wisdom and Action builds were popular the last two leagues. Might be harder to get this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info