[3.0] Rompe's BowZerker

Hey fellow exiles. This is my first guide so far. I started playing in early beta and spend quite some hours on poe. This league i wanted to give the bleed mechanic another chance.
With the introduction of the new bleed mechanics and the chance to bleed support gem i came up with the idea of an bow-berzerker.
Yesterday i hit level 90 and did some endgame content and it worked out pretty ok so i wanted to share my build.
Basically i am getting all the phys and bleed nodes on the tree, threw in a lioneyes fall jewel, equipped a 1c lioneyes glare and a 1c drillneck. The most expensive items i have right now ist probably my corrupted 6-link and the +2 TS Helmet.

In general the build is very very cheap and can easily do content up to t12.

For HC i would porbably do a little bit more defensive approach and aim for 8k+ life!

I will try to do all endgame content and upgrade my gear over time.
So far killed all Corrupted Guardians and Atziri. Shaper and uber atziri next.

Bugfix
The converted Two-Handed Nodes in the Duelist area do not grant extra Damage with Ailments currently. This will be fixed hopefully soon and then the build will become even stronger!

Videos

Spoiler

Guardian of the Minotaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdSd0eNgEkE&feature=youtu.be

Lair of the Hydra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pXbmvGSPVU&feature=youtu.be

Atziri with TS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtgOF-xfQo&feature=youtu.be

Atziri with Barrage

Path of Building

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/iHtveZRQ

Skilltree

Ascendancy

Spoiler
Berserker is my choice as the 40% more Damage is also really nice for the bleed. The leech is nice and the inc Movement Speed is really helpful as we dont have a good Movement Skill!

Crave the Slaughter > Aspect of Carnage > Pain Reaver > Cloaked in Savagery

For now I am using Cloaked in Savagery, but i want to try Rite of Ruin and see how the "less damage taken" feels in endgame Content

Pantheon

Spoiler
Soul of Solaris and Soul of Yogul

Bandits

Spoiler
I took oak for the life regen and %phys damage!

Links
Spoiler
Tornado Shot-GMP-PhysProj-Brutality-Chance to Bleed-Swift Affliction

Gear
Spoiler

Probably not the highest dps but very nice for general map clear and you are pretty safe to detonate dead
Lioneye's Fall

Want to upgrade my Body Armour to either a Belly of the Beast or try out the new Yriels Chest.

The perfect endgame weapon will be a Maraketh Bow with 400+ dps and inc bleed damage on it.

Flask
Spoiler
Witchfire Brew is a really nice one for this build.

As I use the Crimson Dance passive, Tornado Shot is really nice to get the 8 Stacks of bleed up very quickly. Other important nodes are: Blood Magic and Acrobatics.
Yesterday i killed corrupted Guardian of the Phoenix with 48% inc life and enfeeble. So damage is fine, later in the leauge i for sure want to try shaper but i just didnt have the time yet as i work quite a lot. Also Core Malacchai was pretty ez. Also did Atziri obv was a joke. Defense is ok, 6400 life atm, aiming for 7k+ with better gear.

Mapping

Spoiler
You can do pretty much every mod, except physical reflect.

Leveling
Spoiler
This is my Leaguestarter, so i wasnt using a bow straigt away. Leveled with 2H Axe and Sunder to the 60s and as soon as i got the Lioneyes Fall Jewel i switched. As i need to spend points in the 2H wheel at duelist anyway it was very easy leveling.

Feel free to ask anything. Please be aware that this is still a work in progress and possible changes could happen any time!
You can also message me ingame, i will always reply if i have the time for it. Looking forward to your criticism!!!
IGN Rompetoto
Last edited by Rompetoto on Aug 18, 2017, 2:43:12 AM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2017, 8:49:17 PM
reserved for eventual updates

Added Videos of some Guardians as well as Atziri! (Attention noob gameplay :) )
IGN Rompetoto
Last edited by Rompetoto on Aug 16, 2017, 6:06:29 PM
what u think about slayer?
with his ascendancy 50% reduce physic reflect
and also two handed weapon mean bow, so nothing be wasted when go slayer?
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
what u think about slayer?
with his ascendancy 50% reduce physic reflect
and also two handed weapon mean bow, so nothing be wasted when go slayer?

Slayer for sure also works and is safer, but has way less damage and less movespeed. So if you are playing SC i would suggest you Berserker any time.

IGN Rompetoto
Talamoana Warriors!
I just wanted to share my opinion and impressions of this build, especially compared to my previous frostblade char.
So, my previous character (in Harbinger as well as Legacy) was a ranger/raider with frostblades, equipped with 2xToA, Belly of the Beast, etc. That gear was worth about 7ex. Mapping with Rompe already showed me how strong his build is and that it`s way more viable then frostblades.

So, I decided to restart with the same build myself and see what I can achieve with it.
Concering viability, this build is very strong and even allows you to facetank most of the bosses until T10 maps. I haven`t been on higher maps so far, so I can`t say how or if this will change.

DPS-wise, you have to distinguish between bosses and clear speed. When fighting bosses, it feels like it’s way better than with frostblades, though clear speed is a bit slower. Keeping in mind that you almost can`t die, unless you really want to, puts this build far ahead from frostblades imho.

When it comes to costs for this build, you can easily get away with about 70-80c. Only mandatory item that costs a bit much is the lioneye’s jewel. Everything else can be self-found gear or cheap stuff, since you really don`t need that much stats for it. Again, a point for this build compared to frostblades.

While leveling, I used the following link:
sunder – added fire dmg – faster attacks - melee physical dmg – ele dmg with attacks
clarity and herald of ash as auras and you`re good to go until level 66, until you can equip a lioneye’s bow.

All in all, I thank Rompe for sharing his build and I`m very happy to have started using it myself. It`s fun to play and kind of reminds me of the old days, when poe was relatively new and everyone was playing RoA, including myself :D
So, if you`re looking for a budget build with good clear speed, very good boss-performance and easy playstyle, then this is your best shot!

Cheers mate!
Last edited by ElLoco2836 on Aug 15, 2017, 5:34:07 AM
"
ElLoco2836 wrote:
Talamoana Warriors!
I just wanted to share my opinion and impressions of this build, especially compared to my previous frostblade char.
So, my previous character (in Harbinger as well as Legacy) was a ranger/raider with frostblades, equipped with 2xToA, Belly of the Beast, etc. That gear was worth about 7ex. Mapping with Rompe already showed me how strong his build is and that it`s way more viable then frostblades.

So, I decided to restart with the same build myself and see what I can achieve with it.
Concering viability, this build is very strong and even allows you to facetank most of the bosses until T10 maps. I haven`t been on higher maps so far, so I can`t say how or if this will change.

DPS-wise, you have to distinguish between bosses and clear speed. When fighting bosses, it feels like it’s way better than with frostblades, though clear speed is a bit slower. Keeping in mind that you almost can`t die, unless you really want to, puts this build far ahead from frostblades imho.

When it comes to costs for this build, you can easily get away with about 70-80c. Only mandatory item that costs a bit much is the lioneye’s jewel. Everything else can be self-found gear or cheap stuff, since you really don`t need that much stats for it. Again, a point for this build compared to frostblades.

While leveling, I used the following link:
sunder – added fire dmg – faster attacks - melee physical dmg – ele dmg with attacks
clarity and herald of ash as auras and you`re good to go until level 66, until you can equip a lioneye’s bow.

All in all, I thank Rompe for sharing his build and I`m very happy to have started using it myself. It`s fun to play and kind of reminds me of the old days, when poe was relatively new and everyone was playing RoA, including myself :D
So, if you`re looking for a budget build with good clear speed, very good boss-performance and easy playstyle, then this is your best shot!

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the kind words. I am really enjoying the build. I just added some videos.
Recently also played around with Point Blank and really love it! Nice synergy with Witchfire Brew!
IGN Rompetoto
Is the tornado shot ench mandatory?
"
pawe1991 wrote:
Is the tornado shot ench mandatory?

No thats an endgame addition. it will work perfectly fine without
IGN Rompetoto
Could you tell which rings, necklace and boot you wear? tnks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info