[3.3] 100% Ele Charged Dash

Welcome Exiles to my 3.3 version for Charged Dash

3.3 Update
With Charged Dash receiving some changes in 3.3, I will be updating the build to reflect new changes. I'm looking forward to using this skill again as I do enjoy the mechanics of the skill.

"
While channelling, before the marker has stopped moving, the skill gains a stage every attack time just like before (and the skill has 60% more attack speed, so you'll gain stages quite quickly).
When you release, the skill now deals 75% more damage for each stage beyond the first. There are no more overlapping damage areas, it's just dealing one big damage hit.
While channelling, the skill frequently pulses damage along its length, every 2 attack times.
When the marker stops moving because it has reached its maximum range or hit blocking, you'll stop gaining stages. Instead, each wave that occurs while channelling will deal 150% more damage.

Until I get the build up and running I won't be updating the entire build for now. Due to the new changes with how the areas of damage will work in 3.3 the build will slightly change (Mainly weapons/gems) but until the patch there's very little I can do to justify changing the build for now, regardless I'm looking at a possible dual Dreamfeather setup and removing the Inc AoE gem (Removing this gem is a huge 50/50 as it may still help the build in clear). To explain it simply, the dual Grelwood Shanks gave you a much greater overlap of areas for damage due to dropping your movement speed down to below 100% and because it doesn't remove your evasion on movement you could move at around 180%, it's a seriously under-rated combo which come 3.3 will no longer be required as stated above the areas no longer overlap.

Pro's & Con's

+ Skill effect looks amazing
+ Does a surprising amount of damage
+ Can clear with relative speed
+ Cheap to start, scales well with gear
+ Can be used as a league starter

- Does no damage if you miss
- Can be frustrating if played with high ping
- Bosses can be highly aggravating if you mess up

Overview of build
This build is based on the Pathfinder Ascendancy due how strong both currently are. The main issue with Charged Dash is that Movement speed is both good & bad for the simple reason of it increases how quickly you cast Charged Dash but will also lower the AoE affect for the skill, so I haven't pushed too much for high amounts of Movement speed just enough for it to not hinder the skill. I really enjoy the skill it has a fair amount of glaring issues but I've managed to do up to red tier maps so far which is more than I'd originally hoped for, I need some work on killing bosses hard to tell if its due to the skill or my potato mouse control at times.

Gem Links
Spoiler

6L: Charged Dash - Elemental Damage with attacks - Added Cold Damage - Inc Crit Damage - Inc Crit Strikes - Faster Attacks
6L (Single Target): Blade Flurry - Elemental Damage with attacks - Added Cold Damage - Inc Crit Damage - Conc Effect - Faster Attacks
4L: Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice - Assassins Mark/Warlords Mark - Onslaught
3L:Wrath - Empower - Enlighten
3L: Ancestral Protector - Increased Duration - Blood Rage
4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Summon Ice Golem
4L: Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Rallying Cry

Gear Section
You will be ideally grabbing this uber lab enchant too 40% Increased Charged Dash damage
My Current gear in STD (Will be updated when new items are obtained)

Day 2 of Incursion
Spoiler

Day 3 of Incursion
Spoiler

Recommended Uniques

Recommended Flasks

Recommended Rares & Jewels
Basically you'll want to grab life/resists/wed where possible on gear.
For rings & amulet you'll ideally be looking for accuracy, flat lightning & WED.
Jewels are pretty basic if you can grab Maximum life, Flat lightning to sword attacks/attacks, attack speed.

Playstyle
Spoiler

- Channel Charged Dash to maximum/near max
- Pop flasks & Let go
- Watch mobs die
- Rinse & Repeat

Gifs (Due to potato net I can't really upload videos)
Spoiler

Why not to use Speed shrines!
Spoiler

Open Maps
Spoiler

Linear/Closed Maps
Spoiler

Pre 3.3

3.1 Update preview

Passive Tree & Bandits
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Alira

Currently rebuilding trees but I have included my level 94 one I aim on using
24 Point tree
Spoiler

48 Point tree
Spoiler

66 Point tree
Spoiler

80 Point tree
Spoiler

100 Point tree
Spoiler

Lvl96 Tree

My planned 3.3 PoB (Has no buffs/Flasks activated)

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Pathfinder
Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Adrenaline

Last edited by Collide3011 on Jun 10, 2018, 10:08:19 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2018, 1:12:30 PM
I've been doing a pretty similar build but I had in mind a different gem setup for charged dash:

CD - Phys to lightning - Ele damage with attacks - Melee physical damage - Added lightning - Faster attacks
(not saying this is the best setup, experimenting myself..)

Care to discuss why you chose increased aoe and do you change the gem on bosses for perhaps the most common option of conc effect?

I also believe there are better options than ice bite based on my experiments ingame.
can we get a how to on leveling the tree? just made this guy and am currently leveling him up but im not super experienced with the game so im not sure what i should go for first.
How come you onlu have 3.5k life?
"
swangreek wrote:
I've been doing a pretty similar build but I had in mind a different gem setup for charged dash:

CD - Phys to lightning - Ele damage with attacks - Melee physical damage - Added lightning - Faster attacks
(not saying this is the best setup, experimenting myself..)

Care to discuss why you chose increased aoe and do you change the gem on bosses for perhaps the most common option of conc effect?

I also believe there are better options than ice bite based on my experiments ingame.

I use Inc AoE because let's face it the AoE on Dash sucks heavily, Conc effect will just make it even worse. It's fine for bosses but the main issue is if you decrease the AoE more than you need you'll lose the DPS you're gaining from conc due to missing more.

Also there are better choices than Ice bite but because getting 5 off colours on a Evasion based chest is a huge Chrome sink I went for the easier option, this build can be used as a League starter due to low amount of required gear. Inc crit dmg, Added Lightning, Light Pen etc etc are better for DPS but require a metric ton more Chromes so that is the main reason

"
Nexzer wrote:
How come you onlu have 3.5k life?

Mainly due to bad rolls on gear, I'm planning on going for Belly of the Beast to boost it to 4.1~
and improve some life rolls on gear that's the only reason.
[3.12] Lab runner build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2972868
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995
Last edited by Collide3011 on Aug 11, 2017, 3:55:02 AM
What bandit(s) did you choose for this build?
"
lustone wrote:
What bandit(s) did you choose for this build?

A friend just pointed that out to me! It's Alira though for that answer

"
Truhls wrote:
can we get a how to on leveling the tree? just made this guy and am currently leveling him up but im not super experienced with the game so im not sure what i should go for first.

Just added that to the Passive tree section now
Ulab guide for noobs (Old but Gold) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2055995
"
Collide3011 wrote:
I use Inc AoE because let's face it the AoE on Dash sucks heavily, Conc effect will just make it even worse. It's fine for bosses but the main issue is if you decrease the AoE more than you need you'll lose the DPS you're gaining from conc due to missing more.

Also there are better choices than Ice bite but because getting 5 off colours on a Evasion based chest is a huge Chrome sink I went for the easier option, this build can be used as a League starter due to low amount of required gear. Inc crit dmg, Added Lightning, Light Pen etc etc are better for DPS but require a metric ton more Chromes so that is the main reason

I agree AoE is pretty bad but its usually enough to clear a whole pack of mobs (simple packs, not shrine packs or anything huge of course), I was wondering though if increased AoE help in overlapping damage "circles".

I've been curious since my last post and tried different setups with a tabula, what is your opinion on ruthless support gem?
Ancestral protector should be a very nice boss dps increase.
Giving you 1 or 2 extra attacks, as well as, its own dps.

Ice bite.
I love it. But, as was noted in the other charged dash raider thread. you nee 8 or 9 frenzy for it to match added colds base. And then, added colds quality is inc cold damage. while ice bites is inceased cold damage vs frozen targets.
you have 8 frenzy with darkray, and +4 in tree on your level 100 tree.
Added cold would be better then icebite.

Neither fangs of frost or acing blows.
CD has two options imho. Winter spirit or ptl for conversion.
Winter spirit is 40% conversion, giving you 90% elemental. but then hatred, and 40% cold conversion. "Added cold" then giving you much more cold then lit. so fangs of frost is pretty valuable.
With Ptl, you have 100% phys-lit. Seems a bit silly to not get arcing blows.
Also, probably should be "added lightning" that is run with ptl.

I think knockback hurts your dps was well. I tried it for a bit. hated it.
"
swangreek wrote:

I agree AoE is pretty bad but its usually enough to clear a whole pack of mobs (simple packs, not shrine packs or anything huge of course), I was wondering though if increased AoE help in overlapping damage "circles".

I've been curious since my last post and tried different setups with a tabula, what is your opinion on ruthless support gem?

The AoE is enough I won't deny that, I just feel much better using Inc AoE if I'm not hitting the targets with the smaller AoE. According to the Desmos calculator someone made there's marginal difference for with/without so it's mainly down to personal preference I'd say at that point.

I've wanted to try Ruthless, in theory it sounds great as long as I get 3 attacks minimum off while Channeling (I'm presuming it'd work like this) if it does work with Dash then it's a hefty amount of Damage increase which means you could gain more utility/defense on the tree again only if it actually works.

"
Casia wrote:

Ancestral protector should be a very nice boss dps increase.
Giving you 1 or 2 extra attacks, as well as, its own dps.

Ice bite.
I love it. But, as was noted in the other charged dash raider thread. you nee 8 or 9 frenzy for it to match added colds base. And then, added colds quality is inc cold damage. while ice bites is inceased cold damage vs frozen targets.
you have 8 frenzy with darkray, and +4 in tree on your level 100 tree.
Added cold would be better then icebite.

Neither fangs of frost or acing blows.
CD has two options imho. Winter spirit or ptl for conversion.
Winter spirit is 40% conversion, giving you 90% elemental. but then hatred, and 40% cold conversion. "Added cold" then giving you much more cold then lit. so fangs of frost is pretty valuable.
With Ptl, you have 100% phys-lit. Seems a bit silly to not get arcing blows.
Also, probably should be "added lightning" that is run with ptl.

I think knockback hurts your dps was well. I tried it for a bit. hated it.

Anc Protector is another good choice, I'm still messing around with a few things anyway.

I'm not great with majority of skills and I relied mainly on PoB to help me where possible, with the new feature of sort by Gem DPS it helped a fair amount, but I'll take it into account and look into it.

I didn't notice the Arcing Blows node (That's my own fault for never really making my own tree) so I'll look into how I can change the tree around, I've had to grab a number of Flat strength nodes just to accommodate some skills until I can grab gear which will help with that I'm kinda stuck for points right now.

The knockback I've not really noticed, it's heavily annoying when using AW I could swap it out to Vinks or another utility flask but both are lesser options for me. Clearing maps I rarely notice it though since I'll pop packs after finishing a channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info