Lost Password recovery e-mail

When I attempted to start up Path of Exile last night, I was asked to re-enter my password, likely as a result of the patch resetting the saved details. This wasn't an issue with the IP lock, at least it didn't seem to be, but regardless, I couldn't remember the password to my account simply because it's not one I use on my other accounts (the convenience of saving it means I generally forget what it actually is).

I used the password reset system to send myself an e-mail with the URL to reset my password, but I did this last night and never received an e-mail. I sent another a few hours later, and still no response. Since then, I've probably done the reset half a dozen times (yeah, I'm stupid) but failed to receive an e-mail until this morning when I attempted it again.

I got an e-mail, tested the URL, and then it said the key from the URL used to identify that it's a password reset was invalid. Are the e-mails this delayed, or is something wrong with this automated system?

I'm able to log onto the forums simply because my info wasn't reset, and because I haven't gotten the e-mail that would reset my info.
Last edited by FlatPancake on Feb 25, 2013, 7:29:27 AM
Though I can't help with the password reset system stuff, I can leave you one possible solution.

If you use Firefox, or another browser with similar feature, and you told it to save the password for this website, then you can recover your password quite easily.

Tools->Options->Saved Passwords->Show Passwords->Yes. You should be able to find it in the list.

Dunno if that password would still work given a reset request, but perhaps worth a try since you haven't followed through with it.
Hey there FlatPancake,

Please drop us an email at Support@GrindingGear.com so we can take a closer look into this for you.
Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info