Instancing Problems

Today i was in a party with a friend in the Old Fields, and i left him to join another party so that i could get an item from someone in global chat. I portaled out and left the party, collected my item and went back to the Forest Encampment and took my portal back to the Old Fields, without accepting an invite from my friend.

We were still in the same instance despite not being in a party together. We each appeared as red crosses on each others maps as opposed to green crosses. We were also managing to share loot and experience.

I was thinking this could perhaps be exploited to have more than the maximum number of players in a map, although this I have not tested.

We tried it a few more times and it still happened, so it's not just a one off.

Just reporting this bug if it's not known, and if it is, here's another instance of it occurring.

Love from holynerd!
It's an intended effect of the way we work instances - We'll probably make some changes when we start to control how areas are created a little better.
Balance & Design
Alright thanks a lot!
Yes, even if you leave the party while behind in the lands. You'll stay in the same instance.
How will it effect drops/Monsters if there is more then 6 ppl in the instance or is it a limit too how much it will change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info