Build questions for all pros out there

Hey guys, I was thinking about building a lightning strike character.
Please help me with my dilemma!

1. Crit lightning strike for new 3.0 shock or elemental overload non-crit build? which one deals more dps and clear trash and kill boss faster?

2. 50 phys 50 lightning or full 100% lightning damage? pros and cons for each if you could. I'm leaning toward 100% lightning damage with lightning strike + phys to lightning gem.

3. Elementalist/deadeye or assassin/elementalist or assassin/deadeye? I'm leaning more towards elementalist for 50% reduced reflected elemental damage taken.

4. Should I try to get elemental/lightning resistance penetration on skill tree? or they are very negligible?

Any suggestions at all?

I'm planning to use exact same item i'm using for my current crit reave berserker.

Thanks in advance guys!
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2017, 10:03:22 PM
1) if you have 70% crit, I would not go with EO. I'd probably go with melee phys/Innervate/Phys to lightning/multistrike/lightning pen.

2) I'd go with 100% lightning conversion to justify innervate+lightning pen.

3) I'd go with assassin and elementalist. You don't really need deadeye because you'll be clearing trash mobs fast enough. Also, chances are most bosses will be in your face anyway.

4) I'd get the arcing blows node in tree only as long as you grab the throatseeker node along the way, and assuming you got the assassin. Arcing blows gives a good dps boost.

That's just me though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info