Lesser Scouring Orb

This would help the game a lot, you have a scouring, that only works on blue items, pretty much a reverse transmute.

The idea is to let you use the blue items that drop. You make them somewhere as rare as a chance orb or an alchemy orb. This would let people chance spam in SSF so they can eventually get their build enabling uniques. This would also let everyone pick up blue items so they could craft on them for a cheap price. Picking up a map you want to alch, but it dropped blue, wouldn't be a problem anymore.
There would be a 3:1 vendoring to get a real one as well.

This would help SSF the most, letting people in that setting do more stuff for their limited currency pool. It would also benefit everybody else, as said previously.
Last edited by painfrais on Jul 26, 2017, 3:22:24 PM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2017, 4:31:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
SSF is optional. You want to scour your blue items, use a scour, you can trade up to them at the vendor. Done deal.

And I'm not saying it like that to sound like some trader that is floating in scours and couldn't give a shit about SSF. I play mostly solo self found and just dabble in good trades I get dropped to buy bigger upgrades. From my experience, if you are scouring often enough to desire some "lesser scour", you are using your scours too often and too wrong.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Seems pointless, a scouring may be useful under certain circumstances with rares (because chaos spam is expensive)

But on a blue? alterations are plentiful so you can re roll the mods inexpensively
And there are plenty enough white items to chance spam on
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 28, 2017, 2:26:27 AM
"
SSF is optional. You want to scour your blue items, use a scour, you can trade up to them at the vendor. Done deal.

And I'm not saying it like that to sound like some trader that is floating in scours and couldn't give a shit about SSF. I play mostly solo self found and just dabble in good trades I get dropped to buy bigger upgrades. From my experience, if you are scouring often enough to desire some "lesser scour", you are using your scours too often and too wrong.

Right now, anything that drops blue is virtually useless, having lesser scouring orb would let you use some of them. It would help chance spamming and let you get the unique you wish to get much easier in ssf, but it is also relevant for non-ssf players. And no, I am not using my scouring wrong.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Seems pointless, a scouring may be useful under certain circumstances with rares (because chaos spam is expensive)

But on a blue? alterations are plentiful so you can re roll the mods inexpensively

I do not wish to use alteration orbs if I wipe the base white to begin with. There really isn't plenty enough white items to chance spam on, especially in maps, if the unique you wish to chance isn't highest base, you will see something like 1 base every 10-15 maps.
"
painfrais wrote:
"

Right now, anything that drops blue is virtually useless, having lesser scouring orb would let you use some of them. It would help chance spamming and let you get the unique you wish to get much easier in ssf, but it is also relevant for non-ssf players. And no, I am not using my scouring wrong.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

I do not wish to use alteration orbs if I wipe the base white to begin with. There really isn't plenty enough white items to chance spam on, especially in maps, if the unique you wish to chance isn't highest base, you will see something like 1 base every 10-15 maps.

You just makes leaps in your argument though. "Right now anything that drops blue is virtually useless, so give us a new orb specifically to clean them of mods even though we already have an orb for that which is easy enough to produce through vendor trading"

1) Magic items are not useless, any crafter can tell you that. Hell most of my builds I just take ilvl 84 items and craft it myself with trans, alts, augs and then regal and scours until I get what I need. Sure they aren't used in their magic state unless using hidden potential or leveling through acts but they are far from useless and it is nowhere near as expensive to scour or regal it into some other rarity even as a SSF. You are literally arguing that you personally think a scour is too pricy whether time or money wise and can't be bothered to use a whole scour crafting something that would be worth your time.

2) You want to chance and scour a white item? Fucking use a scour. Again. They aren't that difficult to come by as you are wanting to claim they are for SSF.

3) Chance and scouring items isn't a feasible means of producing a certain unique SSF. It is completely idiotic to waste that many scours when you can simply highlight the base in your filter and only waste chance orbs on each drop you find. SSF builds can't assume they will eventually find any unique to rely on and chancing to get it is idiotic. If there is a div card for it, farm it. If there isn't, wait for a drop.

4) When you are actually looking for items to craft with as drops, it really isn't that hard to find the same item base dropping both magic or white. So if you don't want to waste a scour, just wait for the next drop that is on a white base. And even then, again, scours aren't that fucking hard to come by. You either don't understand that simple fact or are using your scours way to wastefully.
A scour is equivalent of 32 fucking alteration orbs. If you can't part yourself with that little of cost, you have some avarice problems I tell you.
At the time of posting this, 135 scours worth of just alteration orbs and I don't even try. My standard stash would be able to buy scours for days. And again, I don't trade that much so even SSF buying up to scours is cheap enough and worth it if you need the scours. You just can't be wasting them on stupid shit like chance scour methods.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info