Lost All Characters after Linking Steam with POE.com Account

Hi there, I linked my POE account with my Steam account yesterday (I got a warning message about "Your account is already linked with a Steam account" which I don't think was accurate - should has raised a red flag). I lost all my characters as a result. Is there a way to restore them? Thanks!
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 3:58:58 PM
"
panz3rg wrote:
Hi there, I linked my POE account with my Steam account yesterday (I got a warning message about "Your account is already linked with a Steam account" which I don't think was accurate - should has raised a red flag). I lost all my characters as a result. Is there a way to restore them? Thanks!

Hey there,

I've sent you a PM about this.
Hey there,

Support can reverse this for you. Typically they'll ask you to e-mail support@grindinggear.com and they'll un-link the two accounts, though some staff members will do it in response to a forum post. They're rather frustratingly inconsistent about that.

If you're curious about what happened, your Steam account is already linked to a Path of Exile account - you need one to play the game. When you linked your Steam account to the account you use here on the website, it overwrote the original account link. There's more information available in the thread linked to from my signature.

Edit: Too slow. :(
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jul 25, 2017, 3:47:50 PM
Thanks so much for the assistance support team! Wish I had known about that super helpful post by Sarno, beforehand! Lol. Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info