QoL labrinth

let me just start with, I love this game, Ive spent countless hours playing it through the night, but there's a few things about this game that bother me and I don't see why they cant be worked upon.

the issue the stands out the most to me right now( having it just happen to me) is running uber lab( or any lab) and making it to final Izaro fight and having him to just about die and... dc... I understand people will probably just caulk this post up to "he probably just died and is QQing..." nope I run a RF build that wont die unless I stand in traps for awhile..

anyways now that Ive explained my frustration, lets talk about possible fixes, my personal idea for a fix is to freeze the scene so to speak, if there's someway to take a snap shot of where everything is when you DC, then when you log back in you can go back into lab and resume exactly where you DC'd from, with mobs, traps, and you all in the same spot and with every attack or spell about to happen as if you didn't DC, that way it cant be abused because simply if you Alt+F4 because you messed up and were about to die, when you come back in you'd still be about to die regardless.

now I understand it probably isn't that simple at all to make happen, but with the lab being the lab, where there isn't second chances, you shouldn't have to be worried about losing time, currency, and interest in the game due to server issues, PC issues, ISP issues, game issues.

please feel free to comment on your experiences with this issue, however this isn't for people to complain about lab being OP or to hard, I'm just seeking QoL changes to this kind of problem many have.
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2017, 2:50:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
How often does this happen to you?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
often enough i have to seriously get in the mind set before doing lab that there's a good chance I'm going to be wasting my time running it for no point, which IMO should never cross ones mind when attempting content in a game. (again not thinking of: waste of time since I'm bad/under geared/ or don't know mechanics)

like every time i look at my RF char i go through his gear to see what i can improve on, i look at gloves, boots and helm every time and go "hmm that means lab..."

and before you say anything about "get new PC/ISP" not everyone has those options, which is way I'd like to see QoL changes which could help those people.

(on a side note, i'm to tired to fix my grammar, so be prepared to see lower case i)
Seems like a whole lot of work to address something that you aren't willing to diagnosis yourself either.

How often do you disconnect per day while you play, lab or no lab.

FeelsBadMan

id agree with you on it being a lot of work, however since it would be a possible fix for a lot of players i think it would end up being a major plus for the game.

i travel for work so im a bit worst for getting dc's im sure since hotels arent known for springing for the best internet, when im "home" i probly get kicked 6 time a day or maybe 1 dc an hour it can vary though.

again not everyone can change ISP, or buy a new PC if thats the issue, in my case its not, i have tracked down the issue and its 90% ISP to server communication (which ive talked to my ISP and GGG about, no fix in that regard so ive let that rest)
the other 9% is the game its self, errors with client or server and 1% is my modem messing up ( yes modem, not router im plugged in and keep current/stable drivers)

also i thank you for being engaged with this post, but i feel you are missing the point of it since you seem to be more on what i could do as if i haven't tried already, im looking for a way that wont just fix my issue but solve others as well, but if you are just starting at the beginning and just trying to help then i thank you but i assure you i have gone down many roads to fix this for myself.
Lab is the worst thing in the entire universe.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Have you ever lost a map to instance crashes?

IMO its not that much different then something like that. GGG built the lab with the idea that it doesn't need to save instances and that you can't re-enter. People complete it all the time without issues.

Aside from running the lab faster to mitigate your issues there likely isn't a solution that will be implemented anytime in the near future. I can understand frustration with hotel internet as its often wireless, slow and prone to drops.

Time spend implementing checkpoints or snap shot freezes that puts you back in the same spot, same health, ect ect could be spent making new content, designing new bosses, implementing other QOL features.

Lab runs honestly should take no longer then 15 min currently, hell 10 min now is what I would consider a long run. However, with the changes to how keys work and side zones giving more keys, perhaps its worthwhile to consider that more people will be doing the lab or at least spending more time in the lab.

I feel like it can be prone to abuse. Yes you get put in the same spot, same health, ect, but what is stopping you from using it to "take a pee break" or re-assess the situation, even things like minions could be problematic, unless GGG somehow snaps those in and kills anything that wasn't in there when you DC.

Its essentially a massive technical solution for something that is a technical issue of playing an online game. Perhaps people dislike the lab because you can "lose a run" but GGG can't design game content that is 1 dimensional because outliners to the norm would have issues with it. Does it suck for you, yes, but its clear that you constantly experience issues with this game.

FeelsBadMan

would make sense to implement it to maps as well actually, since bottom line this is a game and is meant for the enjoyment of others taking the time and money to develop something like that would be worth it to those who all share the problem, i understand you may not and that's where the disconnect is but many many others do, its a playing online issue that's been around since the start so having a work around for that would be very helpful in keeping people engaged with their game and new content.

also they probably have different people working on new content then they would for this like other companies often do (one team knows the techy stuff, other team are the thinkers so to speak)

and how long it takes you or other people to complete the lab has nothing to do with this post, we are talking about the people experiencing the issues with dropping during one.

and lab is too big a part of the end game to just allow it be IMO, lots of farming for enchants. ( i dont want to hear if you got your GG enchant on first try... not the point)
"
would make sense to implement it to maps as well actually, since bottom line this is a game and is meant for the enjoyment of others taking the time and money to develop something like that would be worth it to those who all share the problem, i understand you may not and that's where the disconnect is but many many others do, its a playing online issue that's been around since the start so having a work around for that would be very helpful in keeping people engaged with their game and new content.

also they probably have different people working on new content then they would for this like other companies often do (one team knows the techy stuff, other team are the thinkers so to speak)

and how long it takes you or other people to complete the lab has nothing to do with this post, we are talking about the people experiencing the issues with dropping during one.

and lab is too big a part of the end game to just allow it be IMO, lots of farming for enchants. ( i dont want to hear if you got your GG enchant on first try... not the point)

The point is it really shouldn't be happening that often, if you want to blame shitty wireless connection, have you done the back work to see if its indeed the wireless connections at the hotels?

Have you setup various ping\tracerts, have you considered using a vpn when you game? Theres a number of things you as a player can do.

I don't think GGG will ever implement what you are asking for because it takes far too much work for very little to gain. I think they wrote off people that have connection issues like yourself a while ago, because they can't keep the game secure and moving forward by constantly taking steps backwards.

FeelsBadMan

i agree with you that it shouldn't happen often or at all really, and yes I've done the leg work to find the issue for me, i stated above its the communication between GGG servers and my ISP, and since i cant change ISP there's no fix for me to do myself.

well now i cant say for sure since i don't know what it would actually require, but i think neither can you with it taking too much for too little, that would be for them to decide, and i haven't seen any public threads on GGG saying "too bad" to players who experience connection issues, in fact I've seen them try to help players.

also the people i talk to about this game all agree they would rather have the money they throw at this game put towards stability and then shiny new toys, gotta be able to get to the new toys before you can play with them right? but of course I'm not saying that's what should be done with the money they make, simply stating what I've heard from players other then myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info