scuffed assassin needs advice from gamer pros to get unscuffed

hello gamers, I am currently using a level 66 Assassin which basically gets one shot in areas that are around my level. I need some pros who could tell me what I should change in my scuffed equipment, if not everything

EDITED BUILD

Updated Build
Last edited by Mograit on Jul 24, 2017, 8:54:58 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 5:00:24 AM
You need to choose either life or energy shield and focus on that by making sure you have large amounts on all your gear. Looking at your tree it seems you want to go ES, but you don't have nearly enough on your gear and your gloves have none at all. You also need to focus on that more on the passive tree too, so if you plan to use ES, then get more ES nodes - nearly all of your points are on offensive nodes, you need more defensive ones. Don't try to mix both evasion and ES as a primary form of defense.
As a beginner, it is much easier to go with a life build, as it is simpler to get good starting gear (but it can be harder to go full end game).

You need flat life on gear, on as many pieces as possible. One or maybe 2 uniques without life can be ok, but never more. Minimum life to start mapping comfortably is 4000, and you need more to go end game (how much depends on other forms of mitigation)

Make sure your resistances are maxed out, they need to be 75% (135% in your hideout), preferably higher to account for elemental weakness maps, but 75% is a good starting point.

If you want to go ES, you need to level as a life build, and then respec your points at around lvl 68. This means taking the Chaos Innoculation node, and the ones behind it. The reason for lvl 68 is that this is the level where you can get the best gear.

To get started you need an armour with at least 600+ ES and a helmet with 300-350(+). It is ok to start farming Dried Lake with 4-4.5k ES, but you need to get more to do maps.

You also need a way to deal with stuns (either amulet, or ring, or other means), and you need to have an anti freeze flask available too, as CI leaves you exposed to both.

You can do hybrid (that is mixed life and ES builds), but they get the worst of both styles, and you probably need at least 4000 life to do that as well (with es on top)

By this level you should at least be using a 4-link for damage (drop power charge on crit from your main link), and invest a couple of chaos in buying better claws for yourself.

Btw, crit in this game is an all or nothing approach, you cannot have a bit of crit and succeed, you need 70%+.

The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
As been told before you got little no life/ES on your equip, not finished gem setup, mid level weapon etc.
Are you following any guide? Do you have any currency to spend?

You have already invested lots of points into ES so you should probably stick to it but tell us the answers to questions above.
Alright, thank you for all your answers already, got to focus more on defense now

I followed the Scourge Claw guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769788)
which was a pretty bad idea considering I don't have the currency nor the equipment for it
At first you should be able to farm merciless dried lake. You can join any party doing dried lake and leech some exp/stuff till you can get better gear and do it by yourself.

About equip check the http://poe.trade there is a problem the league is ending and might be harder to buy smth, but give a try anyway.

Drop two small %physical damage node near the Force shaper and use it to improve your life/es pool - Written in blood, Melding later.

You can see in the build what supported gems need to be linked with Bladeflurry etc., there is also cheaper endgame equip etc.

About equip: buy cheap stuff till you can afford your endgame gear.
Your equip is low/mid level so you need to improve it.
There are some nice unique claws for your current level such as Bloodseeker for cheap price (1c)

Do you have any valuable currencies to spend?
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 24, 2017, 10:30:57 AM
Thank you for your advice, I currently do have around 8 chaos orbs

Edited my build, at least I am able to solo merc dry lake now and I am not nearly dying as often. Also able to progress in the story without getting one shot quite nicely, what else would be wise to skill in the Skill tree?
Last edited by Mograit on Jul 24, 2017, 8:55:38 PM
I see, well you should stick with life/ES hybrid before going for Chaos inoculation but you need better funds to do that.
I would upgrade life/resists through some cheap basic rare/unique items.

LF cheap equip on poe.trade:

Body Armour: Rare 70+ life 50+ total resist 5 link!- 1-2 chaos
Gloves: Rare 50+ life 40+ total resist 4 link! - 1-2c
Belt: Rare 80+ life 60+ resists - 1alc+
Boots: Rare 20+ movement speed 40+life 40+ reist 4link! 1-2c

About resist light res> fire > cold (chaos is not needed atm)
Rings, Amulet you can upgrade later (depends on what might get before ..)

You should have close to 75 all resists in merciless (except chaos) and decent life/es
When you get the stuff above we can look further ... but you should have your main skill Blade Flurry at least in 4 link item anyway.
Gem setup should be like this: BF + poison support + faster attack + melee damage and or conc effect/AoE.

Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 25, 2017, 5:04:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info