What is going to be best with Storm Burst?

Would love to brainstorm some ideas.

What class/items/gems do you think would work best with this skill?

What are you looking forward to trying?
livejamie
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2017, 1:59:14 AM
I'm looking forward to playing a Storm Burst CwC Ball Lightning (maybe spark). If I want to try something silly, go with using these and Avatar of Fire:

Could be really fun to get Mastermind of Discord running full time. Though if I'm doing a full lightning to fire conversion, Chieftain has potential here for the life leech from fire damage from Hinekora, Death's Fury. Could up the leech just having say Spell Totem Support - Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Flammability. The full conversion would also allow for pretty good value from Storm Weaver and/or Snowforged

Honestly, This is likely going to become a new main skill that I'm going to theorycraft the hell out of, both in and out of league. If I went Chieftain or Elementalist, I'd probably go with Elemental Overload, Inquisitor would of course go crit though. If I used Assassin for crit, I don't know if it'd really be feasible to go for Avatar of Fire, so I'd likely go with pure lightning or just one Call of the Brotherhood for a half and half.

Still thinking of some ways to maybe use Scion for the build, maybe going Elementalist/Inquisitor with her, though Raider/Berserker could be fun too.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Jul 23, 2017, 2:44:29 PM
I've been considering a possible Scion Ascendant Elementalist/Deadeye. The increased projectile damage with distance traveled part from Deadeye is what intrigues me most and the other stats like proj speed and the extra projectile are just gravy. The +2 additional targets pierced my be useful for a non-pierce projectile skill to add with CWC (or a negative for skills you'd rather not pierce).

If I go without CWC then I would probably do a crit build, if I do CWC then I would go Elemental Overload most likely. Not really sure yet what skill to use for CWC if I go that route, there are lots of options, though projectile skills that are also AOE would be nice since I want a bunch of AOE passives for Storm Burst. Something like Arctic Breath would be handy for the chilled ground all over the place.

I would prefer to come up with a build that requires no specific uniques since I usually play SSF and I want to do it as a league starter.

It's hard to know the best way to build it without also knowing the Effectiveness of Added Damage and the Crit Chance for Storm Burst.
Do we know if it works with totems?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Do we know if it works with totems?

I'd assume since you can have scorching ray and wither totems that you should be able to use Storm Burst with totems (In fact, one of the builds I'll probably be trying in time is a quad Storm Burst totem Hierophant)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
I'm sure it will technically work with totems. In all likelihood though, totems will not use it intelligently - they will keep channelling as long as there is an enemy in range. Since fully 80% of the skill's damage (according to datamining) comes from the explosion when you stop channelling, that's not going to be a good bet.

My first build for Harbinger is going to be a Storm Burst CwC Magma Orb Berserker with Sire of Shards. Should just be nice clear speed and the two scale with all the same things, but I'm also interested to see if I can get any single target AoE overlaps going, especially with Slower Projectiles. Berserker enables standing in melee range of bosses so should be able to test it out. And even if it doesn't work so well, the build is still going to have a few hundred thousand DPS so will be just fine for everything shy of T16s.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Good point mate. I was also considering Shire of Shards as well, but I swear I'm addicted to that unique. Especially after running Incinerate cwc Magma Orb on it (Great clear speed with not much gear investment). If I did SoS with Storm Burst, I think I'd be tempted to use it with Spark to be honest. Could be a fun new spark build :)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
If I get the mechanic of the skill right, explosion happens the moment you stop channeling means that the moment you despawn your totem explosion will happen. Its a very cool interaction and would actually be very interesting to see in action, where you can control the explosion by summoning new totem to despawn one casting the spell. Rinse and repeat. Then this would lead to the question what is how many totem is actually the most efficient way of playing.

All in all, very interesting skill to work with totem mechanic.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
guess i'd try burst cwc arctic breath and slow proj+gmp for aoe overlap.
chilled ground from breath should be fine.
equilibrium should be just fine.

if they rework ailment on bosses for 3.o and they have an actual use,
shock and chill will be just fine.

maybe as elementalist dual golem, light&cold?
maybe add proj+ pierce from scion or ranger?

dunno yet, but i wanted to try a EE build with shock and chill for a long time,
so guess this will be my chance now :D
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
I think assassin with voice or choir of the storms might be worth a try...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info