the fire chief (warchief chieften with avatar of fire) need feedback please

I have been looking to make a build that I can enjoy and will still work well in 3.0 and something original would be nice. So I made this in path of building. Purely theoretical, never tried it before. Since it is theoretical, i only took mid tier affixes. Also, I have never made a guide, so this will likely be fairly rudimentary.

pros:
-safe, because monsters attack totems
-fairly budget friendly
-good dps

cons:
-less damage than facebreaker totems
-only 5k life (shouldn't be a huge issue due to totems taunting)

Ascendancy
I am taking chieften for a few big reasons. A) I haven't felt safe while playing totems. This will allow my totems to taunt, keeping enemies off me (Tukohama), enemies deal 8% less damage while near my totems (Arohongui) and I leech 1% of totem damage (Hinekora) B) Fire penetration, extra fire from phys (Hinekora)

gear
Spoiler
weapon: Ngamahu's flame- decent dmg, 50% phys to fire, 20% fire penetration. with this axe we only need avatar of fire for 100% fire conversion

body armour: kaom's heart- how can you argue with 500 life and fire damage?

helmet: Devoto's devotion. faster attacks, dex requirements, chaos resists

Rings: Le Heup of all- damage, resists, stats. Medium ones are fairly cheap. Definately better ones out there (opal rings, duh), but again, theoretical so i don't want to plan with items i really can't expect to be able to buy/find easily.

Amulet: Carnage heart- damage while leaching, stats, resists. Are there better amulets?
Sure (xoph), but Carnage is cheap. Xoph is not.

gloves: Rare spiked gloves. here we look for attack speed, resists, and life. extra armour and flat damage are nice too.

Boots: Windscream- resists, speed, elemental damage. surprisingly these boots added over 5k dps. another nice option is rare two-toned boots.

links
Spoiler
Weapon:Warchief -> elemental damage with attacks -> concentrated effect (inc AoE) -> Elemental focus -> Melee Phys -> Fire Pen.

helmet:CWDT -> immortal call -> molten shell -> options (duration, vortex, zombies, etc.)

Gloves:Anger, bloodrage, vaal lightning trap, herald of ash

Boots:leap slam, faster attacks, fortify, blood magic.

tree
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAOkACAEAAHHG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5CZY5DmebgIp2K_dNJJtBdCftBg7UfAn2xPavpxzOK1ANzf5Ucqn3MnzZ6hj462RSTjIX4Sb4E0zBo-JhMHdZ_hRxDjwsp0rE9q6sqlnzcg9xhUbXGjiQVScvOtgyiXflV-LtIIKb4XOiAASz8B_AZjwF73xmnljlKhNaK6Py-tIdFK-Nxq4QzP6HeyD4kzwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXMZ618nJsbEYyCW6qZIQGoPm9891oZZRvZlSt8RhdeuZj_Trh8kXZfIIHAAAAAAA=

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/VbYWLAui

if there are descrepencies between Path of building and anything else, PoB is correct.

important stats
Spoiler
DPS:436K per totem with flasks, shock, and totems have killed.
153k with no flasks, shock and totems haven't killed recently.

life: 5.2k (i know this is a bit low, but the idea is that i shouldn't get hit too much since my totems taunt. also, no abysuss and not bezerker taking extra damage.)

armour:9k

that's the idea, let me know what you think in the comments, i may update as the comments come in and as i have time.
Last edited by burninbeard on Jul 18, 2017, 11:07:13 AM
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2017, 10:54:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info