My jungle valley map is shaped yet a non shaped jungle valley dropped

The non shaped rare jungle valley map dropped as find the map item in a Zana map. It's interesting how that mod bypasses the rule where if something is shaped the original can no longer drop. I wonder if it's intended.

Last bumped on Jul 17, 2017, 11:46:20 AM
It is intended. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Is it?

I've gotten non-shaped versions of maps from the three-for-one recipe but I am almost certain I've never seen one as a drop. I certainly have never gotten an unshaped strand.

PS read the post, S69! So as the Zana map item, I see. Disregard my blather.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jul 15, 2017, 11:01:58 PM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Is it?

I've gotten non-shaped versions of maps from the three-for-one recipe but I am almost certain I've never seen one as a drop. I certainly have never gotten an unshaped strand.

i have no idea what you have discovered here and are trying to say.

i got a t11 white chateau map from a shaped strand despite not having that unlocked. i think there are some events that can force certain maps to drop.

in my case i think i had a sextant mod or a prophecy that let the boss drop an extra map or something. it's safe to say some stuff don't follow atlas rules.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Is it?

i got a t11 white chateau map from a shaped strand despite not having that unlocked. i think there are some events that can force certain maps to drop.

in my case i think i had a sextant mod or a prophecy that let the boss drop an extra map or something. it's safe to say some stuff don't follow atlas rules.

You missed the entire point of the thread.

You have a shaped cove in your Atlas.

Regular cove maps no longer drop from mobs/bosses.

You can, however, trade maps 3-for-1 (whatever is right below Cove, I don't know my Atlas THAT well) and get an UNSHAPED Cove.

OP noted, and second poster confirmed, that when you run a Zana mission "find the map item" (for this example) an unshaped Cove can drop as that map quest item. This is the only instance that an UNSHAPED cove can drop once you shape it in your Atlas.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jul 17, 2017, 11:26:36 AM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

You missed the entire point of the thread.

You have a shaped cove in your Atlas.

Regular cove maps no longer drop from mobs/bosses.

You can, however, trade maps 3-for-1 (whatever is right below Cove, I don't know my Atlas THAT well) and get an UNSHAPED Cove.

OP noted, and second poster confirmed, that when you run a Zana mission "find the map item" (for this example) an unshaped Cove can drop as that map quest item. This is the only instance that an UNSHAPED cove can drop once you shape it in your Atlas.

Uh. No, you're the one that seems to have totally failed to read kompaniet's post? They described an additional circumstance under which maps that don't follow atlas rules can drop.

"This map has been shaped" is just one atlas rule. Another atlas rule is "only drop if you've unlocked it on the atlas or it's adjacent".
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 17, 2017, 11:47:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info