Leveling Help for a Noob

Hey guys, I've got a level 88 witch. First witch I've ever made, (followed a freezing pulse build to make her), and I've even got great gear.

But I'm SERIOUSLY struggling to level her up. I want to get her to lvl 100, but I'm running tier 14, and 15 maps over and over and over and getting maybe a single bar of xp. And in the UNCOMMON circumstances where I die, I lose like 3 bars....

How the F#$% do I level? Especially when the drops for chaos orbs and chisels are so rare, I can't just trade for maps when I need them.

Anyway, thanks for any and all info/help. I love this game, but I'm super frustrated. I'm doing around 300K damage with some of the absolute BEST gear in the game, and I can't get fricken anywhere :(
Last edited by VVhipl4sh on Jul 13, 2017, 5:19:17 PM
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2017, 1:07:35 AM
make it as tanky as possible, while not losing dmg, reshape your atlas to run shaped strand, run shaped strand as fast as possible with double beyond, probably the fastest way.
leveling to 100 may take you weeks, depending on how efficient you are, how often you die, etc.
most people stop leveling around 92/93, because it is not really worth it after that point
Last edited by Flurbereinigung on Jul 13, 2017, 12:55:26 AM
Yup, there's a reason that there's an achievement called "Diminishing Returns" for getting to level 90. Honestly, I usually end up rerolling toons by about level 85-88, but I'm an alt crazed maniac.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Sry to say but endgame isn´t for everybody. I can´t see your char but even if it´s well made you need lots of practice to master the game.

If it´s your main goal to get to lvl 100 just play easier maps with good layout as fast as possible (shaped strand and such) without extra difficult mods and just don´t die.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 13, 2017, 8:52:21 AM
vast majority of players never level to 100 (or 95+)

the most reliable way is indeed running a map with easy signature mobs/boss and layout, like Shaped strand, over and over again.. It is just as fun as working 12h shifts at assembly line.

I suggest investing time and currency in making new character

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Thanks for the replies everyone. So, what exactly is a "shaped strand" map? How do I do that? At this point, I've just been trading chisels and chaos orbs on poe.trade for tier 13-15 maps, and normalizing them with orbs of scouring to keep from dying (which for the most part works ok, but gahndi...)

I'm not familiar with "shaped" maps.
"
VVhipl4sh wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. So, what exactly is a "shaped strand" map? How do I do that? At this point, I've just been trading chisels and chaos orbs on poe.trade for tier 13-15 maps, and normalizing them with orbs of scouring to keep from dying (which for the most part works ok, but gahndi...)

I'm not familiar with "shaped" maps.

"Shaped" maps are lower tier maps converted to higher (+5) tiers by using a Shaper's Orb in your Atlas. Look on your Atlas to find the blue circles around maps. Bosses in those maps drop the orbs. Right-click the orb and apply the appropriate one to "Strand" map location. Future drops of Strand will be "shaped" (modified) to T11 (if I remember Strand being T6, that is).

Basically, it's Strand map but T11 instead of T6.
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help guys. I'm already collecting shaper orbs and things seem to be going smoother. I appreciate all the help :) I love this game a lot and this sounds like a great way to move forward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info