[Open] Rebuffing in pvp is tedious

I feel that you should only have to buff yourself once (pregame count down) and it continues until the duel is over (5pt winner). Having to buff your character while the enemy searches for you seems poorly thought out. I'm sure there are people out there that agree. Oh and you need to make a battleground. 10vs10, 20vs20 that would be AMAZING. The area would have to be pretty big though so that you can involve some sort of tactics.

Either way, still undefeated in pvp. =)

I can understand your wishes for not having to rebuff, however I must disagree and I will address why.

In low level PvP, you have to be ready for coming across a variety of different builds. Since most mana pools are meager, you usually have to make a strategical choice in what auras to run, if any at all, depending on the matchup.

For instance, I might start off with Wrath for extra damage, but lose the first round due to attrition. In the 2nd round, I will run with clarity instead to maintain DPS over a longer timeperiod and be able to continually maintain curses and high mana cost skills better.

If they implemented your idea of having buffs stay on throughout, at the start of the 2nd match I would have to CANCEL my first aura, then wait for mana to recharge to cast another aura. That would really suck.

I like the 'reset' between rounds because it gives you the ability to adapt.

I can understand how in higher level open PvP it would be frustrating, especially if you have 4+ buffs to cast. Still, I don't think keeping buffs between rounds is necessarily the answer.

Edit: I completely missed that you tagged the post as [Open], whoops.
Last edited by visibiliti on Mar 4, 2013, 12:14:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info