Need Farming Tips + LAB TRAPS: Are they really a problem?

Hi guys, wazzup

First:
I got to a point where I cannot properly finish my builds without expending a few exalts. The thing is: I'm very poor. RNGesus simply hates me, but I'm a tryhard. Any tips for a lousy farmer?

Second:
I've seen a lot of people saying that LAB TRAPS are impossible to deal with.

Since my poor builds kinda lack the damage to oneshot Izzaro and the lifepool to take even a hit from UB, the fight with him takes a while, and I have to be VERY cautious to not die in the process.

The thing is, tough the fight with UB Izzaro tend to be harder if you lack damage or defenses (cause you ain't rich), even the lamest build can properly cross the lab, because IT'S EASY TO AVOID TRAPS.

Srsly, traps don't jump at you, YOU jump at them. If you just take a while to watch how the trap works, you can easily cross them. Hell, if you make a mistake, two or three life flasks make it possible to simple ignore it.

But then again, I only play Ranger and always use Blink Arrow, that pretty much makes some transitions easy AF.

Tell me guys, why do people struggle so much with lab traps?
Last edited by Lurdekan on Jun 26, 2017, 1:15:41 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2017, 12:58:15 PM
They all play Meta Vaal Pact Energy Shield.
It depends on the trap set up sometimes you cant see the traps until you are in the middle of them

especially if there is a long sting of them, other times lag is the issue

My main issue with traps is the the fact that they deal a % of your health as damage

this means that they basically void most of your Character building choices and to me that is what this game is really about
I dont see any any key!
Impatient people who just want to get to the prize as fast as humanely possible.

There are builds that can handle traps without even thinking about it. Outside of that, people really should take their time :)
blink arrow and lightning warp basically trivialize the traps yea, but they're not that hard to just not take hits from if you don't just charge through, and if you do want to charge through ES takes less damage and is mostly fine and life can use flasks to be mostly fine. People struggle with traps because they don't want to pay attention.

As for farming, the uber lab is a great place to farm currency, otherwise completing maps as fast as possible is what does it nowadays.
Last edited by j33bus on Jun 26, 2017, 4:47:44 PM
I requires practice. At first I was dying to them, than I learned to be patient, and now I mostly rush through them

ofc, some builds are much more vulnerable to them than others
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Thx for the feedback guys. I'll keep on farming little by little. A map a day to keep the shaper away.
Have done lots of lab runs and traps were (with one exception) by far the most dangerous thing in the lab. I can pick a day on which Izaro doesnt have crazy mods. With tanky build/setup (which I want vs traps anyway) Izaro was then facetank-easy. But there are no days on which traps were facetank-easy.
This was without dedicated anti-trap lab runner build though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Have done lots of lab runs and traps were (with one exception) by far the most dangerous thing in the lab. I can pick a day on which Izaro doesnt have crazy mods. With tanky build/setup (which I want vs traps anyway) Izaro was then facetank-easy. But there are no days on which traps were facetank-easy.
This was without dedicated anti-trap lab runner build though.

All I have against traps is my Blink Arrow.
Still, I never found them deadly at all.

I'm yet to be killed by a trap, althoug ONCE in the UB lab I was ALMOST killed by a f* jigsaw because I was in a hurry and decided to just run for it without thinking.

The thing is, people want to FACETANK things.

Seems to be a pattern in the community.

Generally when there's too many players saying "X is OP, non-sense, and should be removed from the game", they actually mean"I can't stand in the same place holding right-click for 10 seconds when facing X, cuz I run out of defenses".

You are not supposed to facetank-easy traps, you are supposed plan your pathing through them, and then dodge the eventual surprise.

2.5k+ life, 2 life flasks, 1 mobility skill and you can do UB lab without dying for traps.

I agree when you say that traps are by far the most dangerous thing in the lab, because with a proper build you can easily kick Izaro's ass. Traps will always require you to play properly.
But I still don't see why people complain about them so much.

"
Lurdekan wrote:
Traps will always require you to play properly.

Anti-trap builds are possible and have been done. If you have/use one you dont have to play "properly" vs traps.

"
Lurdekan wrote:
But I still don't see why people complain about them so much.

If you really want a good answer you may want to try asking the question in a more "neutral" manner. My guess is that most people who complain about traps will consider your first post offensive and either respond in kind or not respond at all.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info