Class/Build for three/four newbies

Hi! Usually I would do some research regarding classes/builds and choose the one I think that would fit me the best, but I'm looking for advice not for 1 but for ~three players that will be playing together which makes it more complex. I've played before (got a few characters but the highest lvl one is only 66) but the other two/three are kinda new to the game and genre.

I think the best I managed myself was to reach the boss of the Act4 in Hardcore on the first 'round' (the easiest one, not sure how to call it), and reaching the boss (before they launched the Act4) of the third act in medium difficulty; my lv66 character was a Marauder with a 2h stunner build and a 40'ish archer building towards a chaos build; had a few others but I believe they never went past the 30s.

So my question is, what would your advice be for three, easy to play, builds? Nothing that you would need alot of expensive gear to make it work or hard to master play-wise (I always thought to myself that using a mine/trap build must be hard, since it seems to need more coordination on the player's part, for example). I would guess something tanky but I'm afraid that three tanks might not work properly. If they are fun the better, and it's not certain yet but we might go for the hardcore league (and if anyone dies we will just die as well to stay together in the Softcore).
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 3:05:47 PM
I think it best if you just do what ever you feel fun at first. If you dive straight into a build guide and play that way, you'll lose interest again. Just play for the fun of it. Find neat stuff. Think about your next character and how they could use it.

Realize that you're likely not going to finish the game with your first, second or third choice. You have to learn how to play this game, and guides are written to players who have already learned much of it. Just play to learn. Make up a story about why the three of you are working together. Live it. Have fun.

Don't look to 'beat' the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info