Noob question: im stuck!

Hi guys,
Im a lvl 66 mace duel wield scion and im bloody stuck. Im currently at act 3 in merciless and i cant lvl up nor advance because i just die all the time, even rare mosnters with nemesis can just 2 hit me. Here are my def stats, plus i got 2k hp. .
(I Know that the lightning res is bad im working on it)
I dont know if its the bulid, the skilltree or i just plain suck. Any help?
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 1:53:27 PM

pic wasnet uploaded
Hey, two things.

1. Can I ask where your character was when you took that screenshot?

2. Could you maybe go here and let us see your character(s)?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
pick was taken at merciless sarn encampent ant i chaned the settings/ ty for answering
I'd suggest replacing Empire's Grasp, Meginord's Girdle and Pyre with Rares.

In some ARPGs (such as Blizzard's Diablo III) Unique / Legendary / Whatever items are objectively the best and you should have one in every slot - Path of Exile isn't like that. You're supposed to balance Rare and Unique gear, and having most Unique gear offer little (if any) resistance is one of the ways the devs attempt to encourage people to do so.

My advice would be to prioritize Life and non-Fire resistance stats over all else when looking at gear. You can only have up to 76% Fire resistance, so when you've 138% on gear you've a stat on several pieces of gear which is going to waste. I'd suggest replacing the Silver and Sulphur flasks with defensive options, at least until your gear has more survivability.

Uniques are mostly good as build-enabling items and some are laughably overpowered, which doesn't hurt, either. But you need 75% of each elemental resistance and a healthy life pool - Empire's Grasp, for example offers neither - and I'm not convinced it helps you much.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Man this game is complicated/ ty for the advise. i picked Empire's Grasp because of the crazy armor, but i guess ill need to find something more versitile
You can keep your gloves and belt but you need to increase your resistances and life.

Instead of versatility take Resolute technique passive (you will have 100% chance to hit) just be sure you are able to wear all your gems/items (versatility gives you 20dex/20intel) and take Heart of the warrior passive.
Missing dexterity and/or inteligence you can get from equipment and/or from Proficiency/Hard knock passives.

Armour rating is only good vs physical hits (vs small hits mostly) and you´re dying bcos of lacking elemental resistances (prefer more life and resists over armor any time)

Your life pool is also really low. Get more life nodes such as Heart of the warrior.
Don´t bother taking low effective nodes such as 8/10% physical damage (except life) just take big key stone and move one.

Do you have any currency? If yes check http://poe.trade/ for your upgrades.
If not go back to the cruel dried lake and farm some currencies.

Keep amulet, belt, gloves

Change pyre ring for some rare ring
Rapture ring is garbage sell it and get some rare
2* rare ring you should be looking for: 60+life 30+fire resist 30+light resist (can search 60+ total resist)

You can buy some 5 link body chest with 80+ life, 50+resists (1chaos+)
Don´t spend more than a few chaos per an item atm.

just last tip:
Dont buy corrupted stuff ! (and dont use vaal orbs on stuff)
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 24, 2017, 1:30:50 PM
ty very much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info