Some Shaper Advice please.

Im looking for a bit of melee Shaper battle advice. I have multiple overly powerful characters I know are capable of downing the Shaper but so far I am still failing to do so. Im currently using my Brutus Lead Sprinkler character and have downed just about every other boss in the game fairly easily. I have tried Shaper with him twice and the first phase was simple. I DPS'ed him very quickly to the 50% where he ports you out. But When I get back for the second sequence I cant seem to get through it. I Find myself somehow getting one shotted with the slam and when I port back in I sometimes randomly die immediatly to a unknown source. Multi strike is a kind of a issue I feel because of the animation. If anyone has any pointers for me thatd be great. Res are all capped. I have 123k buffed dps and almost 7500hp. I feel like this shouldnt be a problem. Thanks.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 12:20:29 PM
Learn how to time shield charge/leap slam to evade his Slam. Ball placement is the most important thing,especially in 3rd phase. If you die ,don't move and use the invincibility to look what is going on. Sometimes the balls from the bullethell phase can be tricky to see and that's what can get you after you port in.Use flasks and vaal trap ONLY when you are certain you can deal some damage,mostly during the mega laser attack. Don't panic,and don't ignore the mechanics,place the balls at places that won't hinder you movement and make sure you never place them in the middle,because you won't be able to hide in Zana's shield during the bullethell.

You will get him no worries. Its looks scary but the mechanics are simple to play around.

Oh,and if you feel your DPS is lacking and Zana is damaged,keep a flask for the add phase. Totem also helps,anything that keep the mobs away from Zana is a good thing. But you are berserker with molten strike,i doubt DPS is any problem. Thing is ridiculously overpowered against bosses and small packs,if build right even with cheap gear. Also if you have vaal pact,i doubt you even need to dodge the laser.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Jun 24, 2017, 10:48:58 AM
first phase is easy but 2nd and 3rd it will be over for you since the homing vortex skill will be increase a lot and sooner or later you will be running out of place to run.

you cant do it with 123k dps full buff.
Last edited by Prime_nairB on Jun 24, 2017, 11:14:48 AM
"
Prime_nairB wrote:
first phase is easy but 2nd and 3rd it will be over for you since the homing vortex skill will be increase a lot and sooner or later you will be out of place to hide.

you cant do it with 123k dps full buff.

The hell you talking about. 123k dps on a properly built BLS molten strike will down shaper in a few seconds. Not every build has 1m tooltip dps.

@OP the fight is pretty predictable if you've done it/seen it enough times. You really shouldn't get hit by the slam, even with multistrike. You have to watch what he does and move around, you can't facetank through everything. Better to be safe about when you dps then to go all out and die to avoidable mechanics.
Sounds like you just need to learn how to dodge his attacks, OP.

Watch some videos or a guide if you have trouble learning intuitively, but once you do learn them, you'll be fine.
I mean, it mostly just comes down to individual skill/awareness of being able to leap out of his slam ability. He'll pre-cast it once so you know its coming, then again to sort of "snapshot" your current location to hit that spot... You wait for the second time you see the animation before you leap out. Don't leap away the first time you see the "tell" sort of animation for it.
All sounds advice people. Im going to try again once I hit 93. Bout halfway and dont wanna lose the progress. Should I switch out HoA for Grace for the fight since my DPs is aleady pretty insane?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info