2 week SSFHC ascendancy classes

Would it be worthwhile to try and pick an ascendancy that isn't usually popular as an average player or do you think every possible ascendancy will have at least 1 person playing 24/7?

I'm pretty sure my hope of ever getting a demigod item is totally misplaced, but I've been wondering about this for a few days now. Mainly because I might be underestimating how many people will be playing the SSFHC version of the race.

I tried finding some stats about ascendancy class popularity, but couldn't find anything recent/complete
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Each ascendancy will have dozens of 24/7 players playing. You're not going to sneak in there with an odd one and come in first with casual play.

This is a similar effect as what I've noticed at Disneyland. Attending on a crowded day is less fun. But if there's a reason to expect that the park wont be crowded, all the people who use that reason go on that day... making it crowded again. Best just to pick a random day and hope for the best. Same thing here... you're better picking a random ascendancy than trying to pick the most favored or least favorite.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 22, 2017, 12:25:19 PM
I think every ascendancy hit level 100 in the recent 1 week race. If you are able to do it in less than a week, then maybe picking a lesser played one gives you a better chance. For 99.99999999% of the players, this changes nothing.
Yeah That's what I was thinking, but trying to ignore :p

Kinda offtopic I guess, but wouldn't it take people longer to get to lvl 100 as ssf? I kinda expected those lvl 100s in the 1 week race to be part of a group, or atleast mass buy maps

edit: ofc there will be a lot more exp around this time though
Last edited by moane on Jun 22, 2017, 12:49:44 PM
It definitely takes longer as SSF but it's not as much as you would think. If the "normal" is done in 6 days, then SSF will be a few hours behind, maybe a day tops. There's some really competitive guys on the SSF HC ladders. It all depends on what your experience is on hitting 100 in the past. There will be more exp this time with crazy bonuses, but it will also be more dangerous so who knows, maybe you can sneak by.

edit: based on your profile your highest is level 91. Unless you deleted higher levels, you're basically out of the race before it even starts. Hitting level 90 and going for 100 is 2 completely different games. Sorry.
Last edited by Namcap on Jun 22, 2017, 1:09:55 PM
It will certainly take longer to reach 100 SSF, but it's not by a factor of 2. There will be level 100's of each ascendancy.
hehehe don't be sorry ;)
I guess I should just try and focus on breaking my HC record then, psyched anyway
I usually die when I get bored and do stupid things, a race as dangerous as this one might be perfect to keep enticed
You guys are optimistic. SSF HC Legacy league only has 16 level 100 characters after all this time.
Strictly SSF HC legit dual-wield Duelist.
Women swoon at the sight of him
Men tremble at the thought of him
And few that face him in battle live to tell the tale.
Only. Did you really say "only"?
Picking an off meta class to try and win a demi is probably the worst idea.

Chances are someone who's infinitely better at racing in general will rip at like level 92 on day one and decide to reroll your class and steal your demi.

Meanwhile you spent the entirety of the race trying to play ek or spark as a chieften.

Just do what etup does and play something you like and hope everyone else dies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info