what is the necessary dps of each type?

So reading through builds we see a common unit: dps (obviously). Now, the issue comes with inconsistency, that although using the same unit of measurement we see massive differences of dps. What confuses me, is that I will see some builds with say 60k dps claiming to be a good build and end game viable but this is for damage over time attacks. Am I to assume this is per stack, and the user can stacks 30x of these stacks in a matter of 2-3 seconds giving them a total of 1,800,000 'real' dps? Then my followup question is, do we look at physical and elemental dps as just flat dps and DoT as additive per stack but users will display their dps as per stack?

This brings me also to another general question, that I see some physical / elemental dps builds that claim to be viable end game ranging from 150,000 dps to 15,000,000 dps, why?
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 3:11:37 PM
DPS doesn´t show real damage per sec in the most cases. You can try some poe planners to get better results.
There are lots of things that can change the result (skill mechanic, flasks, buffs, ...)

You don´t need high damage to beat an endgame (in the most cases). Easy and/or fast farming high tier content is smth else.

What do you consider endgame? That´s also the question.
"
Rakiii wrote:
DPS doesn´t show real damage per sec in the most cases. You can try some poe planners to get better results.
There are lots of things that can change the result (skill mechanic, flasks, buffs, ...)

You don´t need high damage to beat an endgame (in the most cases). Easy and/or fast farming high tier content is smth else.

What do you consider endgame? That´s also the question.

Good question, as I have only been to t9 maps I could not tell you from experience, but I imagine 'end game viable' meaning to complete any boss in the game (uber stuff / atziri/ shaper).
Shaper requires high (maybe 100k+) dps not to be overwhelmed by the vortex pools.
Uber Atziri is very easy to screw up and getting through the fight quickly reduces the chance of that.

Other than this, you are competing in an economy for the best/rarest items so you just want to be as fast/efficient as possible when farming endgame content.

Can't comment on how people display their dps in build threads but from my experience most will exaggerate by assuming optimal circumstances (white monster with no resists, all flasks up etc.). It's better to use Path of Building to get more realistic estimates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info