PVP Tournaments, Ladders and Rankings! A vision for the future.

Hello my name is ARC, and thanks for reading my thoughts on PVP and what it could look like in the future.

First off I find PVP to be excellent! (I may be alone in this) However, I see the potential for it to be something spectacular! What I would really love to see in PoE's PVP future are tournaments. Possibly even ladders or seasonal rankings. I think the idea of holding events either as NCAA double elimination bracket tournaments or a tournament with swiss rounds and then a cut to top 8 competitors with most wins (tiebreakers by the opponents faced match win percentage) are both exceptional avenues for GGG to start a PVP uprising.

GGG would have the ability to place incentives at the top for winning or lower/smaller prizes for participation. Examples such as currency, unique items, coins or visual character modification. These incentives encourage continued growth and investment by the players, always something to be gained, always reason to strive for more. It is my hope that once most players get rooted in PVP they will always have an enjoyment for it whether it be playing or watching.

Moving forward further, GGG could record the top 8 or finals matches, commentate them, go over the builds featured and then upload them to their site so that the population can view the videos, see different builds and get excited to try PVP characters of their own!

Wrapping up here, I believe the amount of untapped potential is very high. With the right people behind it and enough GGG and community support, PoE PVP could be another amazing part of the PoE Experience. All while complimenting the already phenomenal and popular PVE Side.

Thanks again for reading. I hope my words do not fall of deaf ears and I hope you all enjoy PVP as much as I do. Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below. Would love to hear GGG feedback.

ARC out-
Last edited by Lordsidro on Feb 24, 2013, 1:49:16 PM
+1
Good ideas, brother, good ideas.

This would allow GGG to see how pvp works, which things has to be changed/balanced etc.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
+1 would love to see.
PvP is currently in a baby state. We're beta testing builds so GGG knows what needs to be buffed/nerfed. They are already yielding stats for that.

They have a lot of plan for PvP, good things will come.
yes despite how let's say unbalanced pvp often is, this game does lend itself to a pvp system that many would enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info