Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Is my Wand-Marauder broken? [HC]

TLDR;
Spoiler
* Is my build THAT bad?
* Will better gear fix this?
* What should I change? Seven Respecs Left, can trade some regrets.

Hello.

This open beta is the first time I'm playing PoE and I like it. When I started I was looking around for a build. I did want to build a char for being good to have in party, but also decent in solo.

So I found this build after some googling: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/y97e8/path_of_exile_build_of_the_week_8/

The Tree I was able to copy from the video, tho it was not finished:

As you can see I have placed the last points myself as I thought would be good, but apparently its pretty shitty it seems... I'm level 80 and I cant almost solo docks. I can but It takes 3-4 hits with SINGLE TARGET siphon life. Doing 66maps alone is a pain because it takes soooo long time to kill stuff.

Most of the time I'm running public map-groups people cheer my Condiut with frenzy, they love it and it have gave me many friends.
But most of the time I'm thinking, good... My damage is horrible... Is it really "okey" to let others do the majority of damage, It feels like im standing there leeching in every map, does not feels fair to be there...

OR is it that my damage actually isn't that bad? I just have bad gear? Watching Kripps stream makes me so sad... His damage is crazy and he runs 69+ maps as fast as I run in normal(almost ;p)
I know there are items with %Elemental damage, but will those items be enough to fix my problem?
My Wand: http://3.imgland.net/OpOHzn.png

My Power Siphon got 1549dps with Weapon Elemental, Faster attacks and Added fire damage with auras going (no frenzy or power charge. If im in a 69+ map I change my fire gem to life leech and I drop down to 1317dps. The most sad part is > IT'S SINGLE TARGET.

Minion Instability is just SHIT! I noticed they nerfed it from 100% to 33%. When my zombies explode they do literally NO damage, so I removed it.

I have now been going for the Wepon Elemental nodes, but it just got me. It does only buff the elemental damage MY WAND got, not the +elementals from auras? right?

My ballance between defence and offence is really really bad, I have seven Respec Points left, guess I can try to trade me some Regrets. What should I do?

My last plan is to get Dual Curses just to be more efficient in party. But the thing is that there isn't always party-spots up, and I wont be able to do anything solo, just like now.
Have I understand this build wrong? Should I go for Wand Physical Damage nodes? And crit?

Thank you for reading and the help I get!

Edit: Well im not just standing there leeching with low-dps Power Siphon. Since I'm abit "tanky" I do run around spamming Enduring Cry to give Enduring Charges to the party.
Last edited by Saafen on Feb 24, 2013, 12:58:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info