The Six-Link barrier

Hey guys,

so right now I'm doing pretty well with my marauder as he is, but at Tier 13 corrupted maps I am starting to get problems and I cannot see any other way than buying new gear but the problem is that I do not yet have the currency to buy expensive 6L stuff except for this little beauty which i could sell for around 6-8 ex

Should I sell it so i can at least start farming the highest tier maps??

Last edited by DieSchlauigkeit on May 24, 2017, 10:59:21 AM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2017, 8:46:27 AM
It would help if you could make your characters public so that we can have a look. Otherwise helping might get difficult.
I doubt that a 6l is needed though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
How do i do that?^^
On your profile under privacy settings
got it
My idea would be the following:
Get a chestpiece with more life, even belly of the beast might give you favourable results here. Life rolls in general could be a bit better.
The skill tree needs some serious reworking to free up some needlessly spent points, I'll come up with something later
Drop multistrike, it doesn't benefit EQ nearly as much as melee physical damage does.
On the topic of damage: since you already use blood magic in the skill tree, hezmana doesn't offer all that much. Either you get a stronger axe or you respec into maces and use tidebreaker or marohi erqui.
Thank you for those advices!! I will try them out immediatly^^
Last edited by DieSchlauigkeit on May 24, 2017, 12:02:41 PM
the good news is, your gear are so starter level, you don't need much to upgrade them, I would say on average 20c each.

Hoard a bunch of <ilvl 75 rares, start doing unID chaos recipe, every map should give you on average 3-4c, then piece by piece upgrade. Something like a 5L 1500+ar 80+ life cost only 30c, if you want to get 6L right away, buy a 6L armour chest base and craft it yourself,
Last edited by TravisL on May 24, 2017, 12:26:47 PM
I would probably go for a more traditional EQ tree or swap to full totem build. I think dividing your tree between the two is going to provide sub-optimal results.

You can take a look at my character "FugliTheFacebreaker" for an okay-ish EQ tree for a juggernaut, though I'm sure there are better ones in recent marauder build guides as well.

Definitely look for a better chest as was mentioned as well as possibly a belt upgrade. I think your curse on hit may not be the best option either.

With only a 5-link for EQ, you could drop fortify and put it on leap slam instead. Also definnitley drop multi strike and faster attacks. I would sub out for all of those: rapid decay, melee phys, inc AOE/conc.

Get some phys dmg on your rings. Drop overflowing chalice for Lion's roar. If you really want to give it a shot, you could try abyssus helm, though that's your call in terms of survivability.

I would personally make all of those changes before making the call on needing a 6-link if I were you.
Another 5l option would be EQ - melee phys - less duration - added fire - weapon elementa damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info