Ranger Leveling Tips?

So I've recently heard that Pathfinder is amazing.

When I started playing PoE, I've always had an immediate liking to life-based builds and insane life regen characters; and now that I've been playing for a while, it seems that these are also relatively cheap.

I'm currently experimenting with Evasion and dodge based characters, most recently with the Assassin. Now I leveled significantly faster with that because I found a useful single-target skill (viper strike) and soon the main skill, blade flurry. At that point on, I found out the following about evasion characters:

1.) You have to keep moving, either to dodge projectiles or to distance yourself from dense mobs.
2.) If you lower your guard for even a second, or become too reckless, you will die.

The second one was normally not a problem for me because regen solved times of lacking focus, but I found that with the BF-Assassin I did not have that luxury. Maybe I'm a noob builder, or maybe that's how it really is.

Is that how it really is with evasion characters?

Now, back to the Pathfinder. I want to make one, probably to use the BF too, since I now like that thing too much now, but what's the best way to get to act 3 before then? The tree seems to favor going for bows and projectiles all the way (Since that's what I think most opt to when doing a ranger), and then the other path starts out with evasion & life/phys. damage.

Is it advisable to stick with the bow build until act 3? Or should I switch to daggers/claws as early as act 1? I'm confused and the Ranger's never been my area of expertise.

I would love and appreciate some feedback from y'all.

Thank you!
Last bumped on May 20, 2017, 8:15:25 AM
Stick to your planned build. You can level with frostblade (or whatever) and eventually switch to BF but frostblade is great too.

Evasion si just one layer of defense. The most important is life and/or ES pool and damage ofc.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 20, 2017, 8:16:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info